Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulation suits?

• 08-01-2010 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭

Where do you get those suits for installing insulation and painting, you know those all in one white coveralls.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

B&Q do disposable white overalls for painting, I wouldn't fully rely on them for putting in insulation although the following is what I would advise.

Overalls
    A decent pair of soft gloves (something like full finger cycling gloves or similar, I'd try avoid disposables, they tend to tear too easily i find)
    Boots that come up to your ankles
    A proper breathing mask (like the ones worn while spray painting, disposable ones are useless)
    Goggles that give a full seal around your eyes (you'll want anti-fog goggles)

A roll of duct tape to seal up the gaps between gloves/overalls and boots/overalls

This is what I wished I had done after I last installed insulation, and that was just to put a few extra bits in the attic that had been missed when it was done originally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I've done it years ago without much gear at all and itched for days. Hate the stuff. This time I want to covered head to toe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

BostonB wrote: »
    I've done it years ago without much gear at all and itched for days. Hate the stuff. This time I want to covered head to toe.

yup, same for me last time, hence trying to completely seal myself with the above.

Advertisement