Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The unmitigated failure that is transport in Dublin

• 08-01-2010 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭

I was lucky enough not to have to sit in traffic for very long on Wednesday because I didn't have to go through DCC controlled areas. However I heard the horror stories of people being in traffic for 8 hours, anywhere with a hill closed down, my own mother spent 3.5hours on a journey at a regular time that usually takes 45 minutes. I heard of riots in Connolly station, fights for tickets for trains and queues out the door of stations. Not to mention the chaos which must have been on display at the airport.

The straw that broke the camel's back for me was the interview with the DCC traffic manager who seemed completely clueless. He freely admitted that they knew well in advance snow was going to fall,m just not exactly where it would fall. Yet he admitted they didnt anticipate it.

The lack of pllanning, lack of organisation, lack of decent public transport, lack of pure ****ing common sense in this country is personified by the gridlock that occurred on every single form of transport yesterday, in one way or another. This country is going to ncollapse upon itself sometime soon if we do not shape up, stop comparing ourselves to the disaster that is the UK and look to our european counterparts for examples of how to properly run a city, or a country.

Dublin cannot cope with events like what happened last night and what is ongoing and projects that need to start NOW to relieve this need to be started, not held behind a decade of red tape and complete bull****.

The powers that be need to cop on and the general public need to stop accepting this absolute crap. If we don't make some sort of stand this country will continue to be run into the ground and eventually implode.

(Discuss)

Comments

Advertisement