Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why your best friend is just that... Your best friend

Options
  • 08-01-2010 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

A best friend.. most of us have one. What makes he/she your best friend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

He lives next door to me.

So it was more out of pure laziness than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

the fact that we are like the exact same person! just in seperate bodies! he is the coolest person i know and we just get on so well! theres no other way to explain it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 technoman

My best friend stands up for no matter what, they include me in their plans and are ALWAYS there for me when i'm feeling down. We have so much in common it's actally weird, we get on so well ppl thought we were a couple. There's nothing like it when you friend actually says it to you "you're my best friend" it's so nice....

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Toyota_Avensis

technoman wrote: »
    My best friend stands up for no matter what, they include me in their plans and are ALWAYS there for me when i'm feeling down. We have so much in common it's actally weird, we get on so well ppl thought we were a couple. There's nothing like it when you friend actually says it to you "you're my best friend" it's so nice....
    Eh, Are you serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 technoman

Yup btw i'm a girl not a man as username would suggest...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Although shes been living 3 hours away for the last 5 years, we are still best friends. When i see her, it's actually like brilliant. We are both like freakishly crazy, totally random and have had the most weirdest memories ever! We don't really have the same interests yet we get on soooo well.

She has 2 sisters as well, all around the same age as my 2 younger sisters and they are best friends too.
    Saw them last week :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

D4RK ONION is my best friend for posting that video!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I don't think I could pick a best friend. I'm lucky enough to have a relatively big circle of friends.

I have a circle of 4 friends. They are all my best friends. I love them all, but in a very manly way. Grrr and such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Potency

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Grrr and such.

I'm sure man, I'm sure ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

I don't have a best friend per-say. But thanks to my razor sharp wit, dashing good looks, skills with the ladies and great hair I have an extended circle of "close friends".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I have a circle of 4 friends. They are all my best friends. I love them all, but in a very manly way. Grrr and such.
    phlegms wrote: »
    I don't have a best friend per-say. But thanks to my razor sharp wit, dashing good looks, skills with the ladies and great hair I have an extended circle of "close friends".

These. Having a big group of close friends is well handier than having one best friend to hang around with all the time. Regardless of how well we get on I know I'd eventually have the need to kick him in the balls at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I have an amazing group of exttremely close friends and consider them all my best friends. I've known some of them since I was 2, 3 or 4 years old.
    Mostly guys actually. Boys are much easier and better to be friends with tbh.

S'pose one of the girls is my bestest best friend. She's just... really... great. I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

bythewoods wrote: »
    S'pose one of the girls is my bestest best friend. She's just... really... great. I guess.

That was really sweet of you to describe me like that.

*giggles*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

bythewoods wrote: »
    Boys are much easier and better to be friends with tbh.

I never get it when other girls say that, I see it as half and half really. Guys can be just as ****ty as girls(and just as bitchy aswell).

I have about three friends who I would consider best friends(two girls and a boy).
    Hard to say how much I love them without sounding like an absolute twat but really they're great!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Since I started college I lost a few friends from secondary school. Just kind of drifted apart.
    But I always manage to make time for my best friend, whether it be playing poker and taking his money :pac:, or getting high on the beach and talking absolute ****e to eachother.
    Good solid hardy buck he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I love that. I'm imagining that you actually hate him and all, but can't be bothered getting a friend that lives further away.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

My best friend is moving to Australia for 6 months, and the feeling of knowing how much I'll miss him is all the reason I need to know how much he means to me.

(edit: AWESOME 5000th post :cool: )

My best friend is moving to Australia for 6 months, and the feeling of knowing how much I'll miss him is all the reason I need to know how much he means to me.

(edit: AWESOME 5000th post :cool: )
    Ehm, I'm not moving to Australia at all. Fail. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Mine has varied over the years..probably a neighbour that I've known for 20 years was best...but we never see each other any more. It's great when we do. Then a gal... and I fell in loevs with her and lived with her...bad mojo...then my ex for a few years until recently. Now a girl I've never met I'd say is my bestest pal...but we've talked for 5 years by text/phonecall/skype/boards/msn/gmail. I'd say
    50, 000+ texts exchanged lol! Really must call down to her. what a lazy sod.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

was quite pleasantly surprised when talking to a mate online today, on the subject of close friends, acquaintances etc, when they listed about a hundred acquaintances, a fair few freinds, and one close friend, and that i was the close friend :)

i think for me, my best mate is the person who 'gets' me best.

throughout childhood and school, my best mate was a chick from my class, who lived around the corner, we used to walk to school together, grew up together, all that jazz. even though we have massively different interests, tastes, opinions on most things, we still just sorta understand each other in a way few others do, and even though i live 13,000 miles away now, and it can be a couple of months in between phonecalls (she doesnt really *do* the online thing), it's always the same between us. her mam was laughing at us recently, when, catching up for the first time in months, she could overhear conversation about family guy... 'as if there's nothing else ye could be talking about'. it's quite funny, last time i talked to her, twas for a couple of hours, and finishing the conversation, i could tell you her family news, all the goss and scandal from the last few weekends out, what'd been happening on her favourite tv shows... but when my partner asked, i couldnt remember if she was still studying or if she was working in the same place :o just never really came up in conversation... :D

now, my best mates are the people who get me, still, but have a lot more in common with, between surfing, skating, music, and worldview. they're the people who are happy to be there for me as my moods shift and who text or call just to see what's up, and who drag me out for a surf when im feeling down. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I didn't reas your post yet but I assume you talking about me froo. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I hang around in a group with 6 other girls and id be closer to two of them then i am to the others but i couldnt call them my best friends because the already have closer best friends.

ones best friend is her boyfriend whom she sees daily or another girl out of the group.
    the other girls best friend is her next door neighbour.

since repeating i hardly see them anymore maybe once a week and thatd usually be if we were heading to a club.sounds kinda weird but i guess i dont have a best friend anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

I didn't reas your post yet but I assume you talking about me froo. :pac:

hehe, something like that, a stór ;)

i highly value all my online mates who i do talk to regularly though. and i will meet you one day :D

Can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Pretty much sums it up.

My best friend is the one who's been around for 16 years :eek: and still hasn't run away screaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

hehe, something like that, a stór ;)

i highly value all my online mates who i do talk to regularly though. and i will meet you one day :D
    Can't wait :)
    The wait is worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Had few best friends
    • National school, girl, still would speak today if we seen each other but not close anymore
    • Secondary school, 2 girls, who were the closest I've ever been to any girls. Hung out all day in school, ran up huge phone bills while talking all evening on phone! Went out drinking etc. They eventually showed their true colours and stabbed me in the back (by bitchyness/going with lads I would happen to be seeing/keeping serious secrets from me that I would have needed to flippin' know/being down right horrible in the end) :(
    Since them two evil things I don't do the whole best friend thing.
    Not worth the pain when they turn on you. :(:(:(
    You eventually learn which ones can be trusted and which ones can't.

I'll stick with my wide circle of good mates and college mates!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Same, my friend is just about 20 meters down the road. We were friends since we were children but that was very dysfunctional, we only became best friends in the teens. We always hang out yet we constantly argue and disagree about alot of things. We both think we're better at everything. We still get along though, who else can stay playing Playstation at my house until 1?

Advertisement