Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For all us photographers..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

That photographer is a regular around these parts, think it's PCPhoto(?). F-ing hilarious anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

Hahahaha, I remember that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Scum got what he deserved!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

brilliant., :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

That looked pretty sore...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭mobileblog

I'll never get sick of watching that clip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

mobileblog wrote: »
    I'll never get sick of watching that clip.

+1 brilliant

We need a perp walk

and a convict walk

I want these to be made law

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

yeah ...that was me.

guys first response was to blame the security guy - then he went all quiet after we all burst our arses laughing at him.

watched the replay on the TV camera loads of times.... it still makes me laugh !

(I wouldnt mind - but I didnt make a penny that day ! .... ah...sometimes its not about money)

PCPhoto wrote: »
    yeah ...that was me.

guys first response was to blame the security guy - then he went all quiet after we all burst our arses laughing at him.

watched the replay on the TV camera loads of times.... it still makes me laugh !

(I wouldnt mind - but I didnt make a penny that day ! .... ah...sometimes its not about money)
    The incident was priceless :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

yeah ...that was me.

PC would you get a lot of abuse in that line of work?

• Advertisement

PC would you get a lot of abuse in that line of work?

only on days that end in "Y"

and its looking like it could get worse with the new CCJ (courts of criminal justice) .... at the Phoenix park - assuming I do some criminal work up there then theres gonna be normal criminal courts scummers and also district court scummers.

there is a difference (criminal court scummers turn up neatly dressed, even if it is shirt and jeans sometimes ...... district court guy doesnt even get his sunday tracksuit out ... might even wear non matching tracksuit...but by god the rings and bling bling will match - and probably be worth more than my car)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I remember there was another thread on this a while back.

What did he actually say? If you remember?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Haha, brilliant. Polite as well PC not to laugh your hole off at him in his face.:P

before the barrier hit him ....something along the lines of f@ckin' [email]w@anker....scumb[/email]@g ..... the usual stuff really !

after the barrier hit him .... straight away to security guy .... who was literally only there to stand around the place .... he shouted "you did tha' , you made it come down on me head" ...security guy just said I have nothing to do with it .... myself and 2 or 3 other photographers and TV camera guy were just laughing....and watched it over and over and over on the TV camera screen.

First thing I said was that he has to put that up on youtube..... he phoned me up about an hour later ... "we're putting the whole thing on the 5.30" .... I pi$$ed myself laughing (again) when I saw it .... and then the loads of texts and facebook messages.

I must really try dig out the pics (from my angle) .... if you watch closely I'm taking pics as he's givin sh!t to me.... didnt get the moneyshot :( (barrier hitting him)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I must really try dig out the pics

Cool, it would be interesting to see what you got from where you were. I thought TV3 would comment on the barrier hitting him?

Has anything ever happened you/your gear being around these scumbags so often?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Rb wrote: »

I had a camera smahed to the ground once. Wasnt fun, salvaged the body but lost the 16-35.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I must really try dig out the pics (from my angle) .... if you watch closely I'm taking pics as he's givin sh!t to me.... didnt get the moneyshot :( (barrier hitting him)

Please do it would be funny to see them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

and its looking like it could get worse with the new CCJ (courts of criminal justice) .... at the Phoenix park

Bad news about the setup at the new CCJ that you may well be aware of...

All convicts will be actually 'sent down' to the basement, loaded in a secure area.

There will be no opportunity to take pictures.

Its a joke

per my previous post, I demand that convicts have to partake in a perp walk whereby their images can be recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

i,d say it wasn,t the first time he got a belt around the head maybe knock some sense into him:D

• Advertisement

Barname wrote: »
    Bad news about the setup at the new CCJ that you may well be aware of...

All convicts will be actually 'sent down' to the basement, loaded in a secure area.

There will be no opportunity to take pictures.

Its a joke

per my previous post, I demand that convicts have to partake in a perp walk whereby their images can be recorded.

lol.... I've known this about 3yrs ...lol ..... have been interviewed on the matter and have aired my views - especially for the likes of paedo's and rapists, its important that these people are not shielded from the public.

As part of my interview I hinted that the papers and gardai or prison service should get together and sort out a deal whereby when criminals are convicted that an image is distributed to the media. (its up to them if they wanna haggle about financial remuneration - I cant afford the money they would be talking about.)

Anyways - short of taking an injunction theres not a whole lot I can do about it - I've said my piece a while back and nothing I can do to change the way things appear to be going.

Legally - the Irish Prison Service are obliged to keep prisoners shielded from the public .... years ago.... they used to do a perp walk .... work was soooo much easier in them days.

With the new system - criminals in custody are driven underground and the shutter is lowered so when they exit the prison van - they are not visible to the public - however....I have been told that this might not ALWAYS happen like that .... some of the vans dont fit....so prisoners will have to walk off in view of the public - but they could very easily hide their faces.

People on bail and witnesses can still be photographed !!! (only problem is that District Court scum will also be going into the same building ...so there will be a lot more people to photograph)....again...assuming that I goto the CCJ and cover a criminal case.

Rb wrote: »

Ah... I've been threatened, (the amount of times I've been told where my camera will go .... honestly mate...even with a whole jar of lube its not goin' to fit up my hole)

wierdest experience is while going into my apartment block a couple of years ago .... guy jumps out from nearby pub.... shouts at me and then does a camera taking pic gesture.... you know what I mean (kinda like a pretend gun ...but with a pretend camera....click)

I've gotten dirty looks and called a scumbag (the irony) ..... even while walking down O'Connell Street....its funny.... I cant seem to walk around inner city Dublin without spotting someone that I've photographed in the past.... most of the time...they're ok.

at the end of the day - they're only pissed off with me for about 30mins ...after that they forget about me.

I've laughed and joked with some of them (after they've gotten out ...and just happen to bump into me - outside of work)

Advertisement