Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 properties and I have a problem!

• 08-01-2010 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have 2 mortgages, 1 on a house (18500 interest only, current saleable value 200000, 1 on an apartment(205000 paying back annuity, current saleable value 165000). House was rented now empty. Im struggling with both. I want to move into the house from the apartment. What issues will I have with the bank as the house now becomes my main residence rather than an investment property. I would like to rent out the apartment and as it was my main residence for more than 2 years I think Im okay from a Revenue point of view. Any genuine advice and thoughts would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,326 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forums forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Kiero27 wrote: »
    18500 interest only,

I'm guessing your missing a 0 there.
    If it were me and i could sell the house for more than the outstanding mortgage, i'd do it in a heart beat.
    One is in NE and the other will be soon, you do not want to be in a situation of having both for years to come, without being able to sell either. Cut your loses, sell the house and either rent the apartment and find yourself a suitable house to rent, or continue living in the apartment and get the mortgage down as quick as you can.

Advertisement