Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logged out while writing long reply

Options
  • 07-01-2010 9:48pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Less than amused to log on this evening for the first time in a while, and after spending a while typing a serious response to a weather thread, hit post, and get bounced back to the log on screen again, and the screen about the changes, which meant that I lost the best part of 15 minutes worth of typing.

If that's a permanent change that bounces people after a relatively short period of inactivity, then I will be out of here on the basis that if only short threads can be posted to avoid being logged out, the overall quality of what's on the board will decline, as in some areas, like weather and computing, among others, a realistic reply takes time and thought.

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Less than amused to log on this evening for the first time in a while, and after spending a while typing a serious response to a weather thread, hit post, and get bounced back to the log on screen again, and the screen about the changes, which meant that I lost the best part of 15 minutes worth of typing.

If that's a permanent change that bounces people after a relatively short period of inactivity, then I will be out of here on the basis that if only short threads can be posted to avoid being logged out, the overall quality of what's on the board will decline, as in some areas, like weather and computing, among others, a realistic reply takes time and thought.

Steve

Hi Steve - that (as far as I know) is nothing to do with the TOU - I'll let the tech guys know about it but I don't think we've changed anything recently - certainly not as drastic as what you've experienced above! It's not because of the TOU though - that was just us adding one more page to our website.

What browser are you using and what operating system? Can I suggest you clear your internet cache and try again?

Advertisement