Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED: Road Brakes, Fizik Arione, Look KEO & FOR SALE: Endura Arm Warmers, Mitts

• 08-01-2010 1:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am looking to replace the stock unbranded brakes on my Trek winter training bike with better ones as they are really terrible and I am just fed up with them at this stage! The bike isn't worth much at all so I'm not willing to spend too much as you can imagine, especially as it is coming closer to the end of its winter duties for this season! Already looking online at a 105 pair for under €30 so anything similar or above this in spec and similar or below this price wise should do. No real preferences as to make, model or colour as long as they perform quite well and would be up to a bit of abuse every now and then if you get me! Cheers

Next, I am looking for a Fizik Arione saddle. I already have one and I seem to get on well with them so I'm looking for another one to put on the spare bike. No real colour preferences to be honest, just let me know what you have. It would be great if you had one of the white with black/red stripe versions or any other neutral colours like black or white. Not willing to spend too much as I have looked on eBay and they can be got. Also, it is just to have both bikes in working order and not to have to swap over parts. Sure please let me know if you have anything to offer.

Finally, similar to the saddle, I am looking for Look Keo style pedals to finish off the same bike. Anything that uses the Keo cleat in reasonable condition and for a good price will do! Keo Easy, Classic, Sprint, Carbon or the new Keo 2 Max models. Just let me know if you have something. Thanks!

Now, For Sale! I have a pair of Endura Thermolite Small/Medium sized arm warmers sitting in a drawer not being used. I tried them once but the bicep/upper arm section diameter is too large so they kept slipping down as I have scrawny climber arms! Haha, €10 including postage and PayPal fees should do it if you are interested. Measurements I believe are: "Small/Medium Length 400mm, Upper Circumference 240mm, Lower Circumference 140mm" if that helps! No need to post a picture unless you really want one as they are basically new.

Incase anyone is interested, I have an assortment of cycling mitts in various sizes and colours which I have picked up over time. None are of really good quality, mostly very cheap, some new and some used. Please let me know if anyone would be interested and I will post of pictures and more info. Again, they are just sitting in a drawer so might as well pass them onto someone else who might actually for a decent price. Best of luck!

Please let me know, thanks in advance! Cheers ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭short circuit

I have a pair of look keo classics ... about 2000kms use ... no issues .. but replaced them for SPDs before the winter.

Dublin based. Will post but it will cost you postage.

You are the one who can find the current cheapest prices ;) ... find one and make an offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Well, that would depend on what condition they are in and if they include cleats or not? How old are they (year) and what kind of shape are they in. Please, I would really appreciate if you could post up a picture. That would be really great! Cheers ;)

Here you go ... no cleats ... unless you want the ones on my shoes. I don't need them, but they aren't in very good shape but don't slip yet. Let me know if you want something else. Bought them last year.
    picture.php?albumid=947&pictureid=4633
    picture.php?albumid=947&pictureid=4632

Hey man, they look grand, slightly more worn than I was expecting but still OK for what I need them for. Now, I got a brand new pair of Look Keo Carbons on Weight Weenies for £60 (€66) delivered with cleats and cleat covers. I also got Look Keo Sprint (laneo white) pedals brand new including cleats from ProBikeKit for €51 at one stage. Now, if I kept on the lookout and did a little bit of research I reckon I could get last years Classics (next step lower again) for €35-€40 (have actually seen this years model brand new with cleats for €40 delivered).

So, I reckon I could offer you (old model, 2nd hand and worn without cleats) €20 for them and then another €3.85 extra to cover postage fees (calculated on An Post for 500g packet). How about we round it up to €25 and I think we would have a deal. What do you think? Please let me know asap, cheers! ;)

(P.S. I could probably offer you another fiver to include the cleats if there actually is life left in them, again pictures would tell. But then we are up to €30 and I am really reluctant to spend this much as the Keo Easy pedals can be bought brand new including cleats (worth €17) for the same amount so effectively only €13. I'm not sure should I just go with them instead! Please let me know what you can do. Thanks! :))

Your research is very thorough ... :)
    The only thing I would disagree would be that the pedals look too scrubby for having been used 2000kms ... but you as the buyer have to say it ... ;)

But yep ... 25euro sounds good including postage. The cleats were carried over from much earlier and I would have changed them in 3 months anyway ... so charging you 5 quid for them would be unfair. I will have another hunt around for the cleats which came with this set of pedal and if I find it, I will put them in the post and we can worry about the additional 5 euro later.

Now this is where I get confused .. how do we close ... how do you make the payment ... :o

• Advertisement

You can send me a PayPal invoice if that suits! Hopefully you already have an account, if not its easy to set up. My email address for my account is (in anti spam format - don't inlude brackets): stephenclancy(number eleven in digits)(at sign)gmail.com
    You can send me a test email beforehand to see you have got the email correct. I think that price sounds fair alright so we will settle on that! Cheers ;)

Look Keo's received from Short Circuit today thank you very much. (Those cleats were pretty bad alright - I know you threw them in but one was basically way beyond usable to no good to me either! I just hope you find those other ones. Cheers!)

The main thing I am looking for out of this thread is a Fizik Arione saddle, although I may be willing to try out the Antares model if anyone has one they want to offload! Please let me know, cheers! ;)

I told you before I threw them in that they were to be used as emergency rations only ... ;)

I will post the others free of cost if I find them.
    Look Keo's received from Short Circuit today thank you very much. (Those cleats were pretty bad alright - I know you threw them in but one was basically way beyond usable to no good to me either! I just hope you find those other ones. Cheers!)

The main thing I am looking for out of this thread is a Fizik Arione saddle, although I may be willing to try out the Antares model if anyone has one they want to offload! Please let me know, cheers! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

Home, I have a new Fizik Pave Saddle if your interested;

4273219953_272eedd7dd_s.jpg

4273963982_d3ec8f7835_s.jpg

No thanks jdt101 ... I'll pass up the offer. Now that I think of it, if by any chance someone has a Selle SMP Composite saddle (or comes across one anywhere) I would be interested! Cheers ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement