Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor - flat fee?

Options
  • 08-01-2010 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I am buying a house, hopefully, looking for a solicitor that offers flat fee... any one understand this? I am so confused one guy said €850 + vat + outlay....? whats that...?

help appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

The €850 is his professional fee and Vat must be paid on this. The outlays are usally the Land Registry fees for searches, folios, etc. The Land Reg fees can very according to what type of property is being bought and how it's registered.

The solicitor should provide you with a breakdown of all fees in his/her quote.

Some links that will help:

http://www.irishlinks.co.uk/conveyancing-ireland.htm
    http://www.lawsociety.ie/Documents/pdfs/movinghomeleaflet.pdf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

I would be very wary of anyone quoting €850 for a conveyance. It is very little. Make sure you find someone who has dealt with that solicitor before and that he is efficient and competent.

I think once you add vat and outlay fees to that €850 it would be €1300 to €1500 in total. But like all quotes, shop around, get feedback on everyone and balance cost and quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 lilstar85

Thank you...! I am still lost do lol.... and im not even a blonde....! :D

Well what do you not understand?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 lilstar85

Thanks for your help... i think i get it now!:rolleyes:

Advertisement