Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden Girls

Options
  • 08-01-2010 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xxpd3Ye0zA&feature=player_embedded

A nostaglic look back at gay marraige visibilty on TV long, long before Ireland's civil marriage/partnership/dog licence movement. God I miss this show, would love to see it again...

Still convinced Dorothy was a lesbian character...there are numerous factors that point to this, mainly her name...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

diddlybit wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xxpd3Ye0zA&feature=player_embedded

A nostaglic look back at gay marraige visibilty on TV long, long before Ireland's civil marriage/partnership/dog licence movement. God I miss this show, would love to see it again...

Still convinced Dorothy was a lesbian character...there are numerous factors that point to this, mainly her name...

I was led to believe that the show was originally written for three gay male characters but the CBS wouldn’t hear of it….

Could be complete bull not sure! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

I remember watching this when it was on Channel 4 in the late 80's/early 90's. I can still sort of remember the theme tune.

"Thank you for being a friend...." I think is how it starts... or is it ends?!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dally

I used to love that show as a child... one of the many hints at my future sexual preferences :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Well this explains a lot, I also loved this show as a young'un.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

It's official then, anyone who watched the Golden Girls was turned into a homo! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I hated it. Just a bunch of moany aul wimmin. Can I be straight now?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I hated it. Just a bunch of moany aul wimmin. Can I be straight now?

Yup.
    *Waves magic wand*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Yup.
    *Waves magic wand*

FABULOUS! Thanks babydoll! *airkisses*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Yup.
    *Waves magic wand*

Wtf, *breaks devil wand*

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭joannaman

My family love the golden girls still to this day in fact i actually bought them all the dvd boxsets, so there! icon6.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

FABULOUS! Thanks babydoll! *airkisses*

Well that worked!

Boston wrote:
    Wtf, *breaks devil wand*

Ooops.
    Forgot about you!

Advertisement