Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bean Salad in mint dressing

Options
  • 08-01-2010 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

Hey there, I got a really nice bean salad with mint dressing from Teasco the other day and would like the recreate it as it was so nice and would be a good thing to bring to college for lunch. I'm sure it's not too difficult, I'm sure it's just a matter of cold cooked beans, olive oil, white wine vinegar (or spirit vinegar) and chopped mint, but does anyone have an actual tried-and-tested recipe that they like, to save me experimenting and having to throw out perfectly good beans?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

hey,
    we use this one at home, it makes an awful lot though so you may want to reduce quanties a little :)

* 4 Tbsp. apple juice,
    * 200ml apple cider vinegar
    * 200ml balsamic vinegar
    * 1 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
    * 2 tsp. salt
    * 1 ½ tsp black pepper
    * 3 Tbsp. fresh chopped mint (or 1 ½ Tbsp. dried)
    * 3 Tbsp. white sugar

Whisk or blend all together. Be sure sugar is dissolved before using.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Wonderful! The vinegarette looks lovely! About how many portions does it serve?

If you were going for a generous portion of food, I'd say you'ed get easily 6-8 out of it. It's light but slightly sweet so doesn't always suit everyones palate. It's lovely on summer salads also, for leaves going with bbq lamb or somesuch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Any idea how long bean salad keeps for? I wouldn't mind making a big batch so I could just throw some into a tub before I go to college.

Piste wrote: »
    Any idea how long bean salad keeps for? I wouldn't mind making a big batch so I could just throw some into a tub before I go to college.

I'd hazzard that you could get up to five days or so if you kept it in an airtight container in the fridge. Definitely at least 3 days (never really lasts much longer than that here :o) Just remember cooked beans can ferment very quickly, so maybe go by taste the first few days and use that as a guide?

• Advertisement
Advertisement