Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC not working?

• 08-01-2010 2:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Is anyone having any problems with chorus tonight ? My cisco modem just seems to be not connecting whatsoever ??? Anyone else having any other problems ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Location?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I've 30% packet loss at the moment. Blanch/Castleknock area.

UPC Tech Support said I'm lying and that I have no packet loss at all. But they admit I have 'small problem with the modem' and are sending out an engineer next tuesday to look at it and declare 'Ugh..modem...ugh...looks fine...'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

My connection went down for about an hour earlier. Lucan.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

My connection has been dead a good while now. Bought a new netbook and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't connect!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

yeah, mine has been down since 6pm.

• Advertisement

Thank god for mobile broadband :D

antodeco wrote: »
    Thank god for mobile broadband :D
    +1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,330 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Everything has been fine in Sligo all day. No disconnects and speeds are what they should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 edcarroll02

Mine still down completely since last night. DS light on the cisco modem has been flashing for hours and the online light is out completely. Drumcondra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

UPC Tech Support said I'm lying and that I have no packet loss at all. But they admit I have 'small problem with the modem' and are sending out an engineer next tuesday to look at it and declare 'Ugh..modem...ugh...looks fine...'

Huh? I was told UPC wasnt available in Blanch! Grrr!

• Advertisement

Mine's still down as well. :mad:

Was just on to ntl there an there's a recorded message saying that they are doing something and it will be down till 11 (not sure if its am or pm though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Was just on to ntl there an there's a recorded message saying that they are doing something and it will be down till 11 (not sure if its am or pm though)

Was also onto them at 10am. 45 bloody mins. All for the girl to say to me when I told her that Magnet speedtest speed was "just a touch above dial up!" was "not possible !". Then she told me "Ah, I see you are on 30MB. Thats the problem ! I'll downgrade you to 20MB till the upgrade works in the area are complete ( End Jan supposedly ). Speed came back to approx 19MB D/L - fine. That said, always problems at this time on the weekend. I dont giv e a sh*t what they say, there HAS to be big contention issues with them. No reasons why D/L at 2am is NEVER a problem. And weekends are mostly an issue with reduced speeds and eratic speedtest results.

/RANT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

dodzy wrote: »
    ... there HAS to be big contention issues with them. No reasons why D/L at 2am is NEVER a problem. And weekends are mostly an issue with reduced speeds and eratic speedtest results.

I've had the same problem for years.

Today its been coming in an out every few minutes, but only to certain sites. Could play COD4 fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

I'm in Clonsilla/Hartstown - they don't offer broadband...

Does anyone know their rollout plans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Feidhlim wrote: »
    I'm in Clonsilla/Hartstown - they don't offer broadband...

Does anyone know their rollout plans?

Just up the road in huntstown. Strange area. Have it here years:o

Well after being home for the weekend only to return and find that the broadband is still not working! Thats three days its been down now! Anyone else's still down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

In Lucan here, on the 20meg service getting less then 4meg since yesterday, rang them there and usual story plug out your modem plug it back in run speedtest same results, so have to wait for their tech support to call me back. Not acceptable for a service that I would expect to be at least over 17meg all of the time :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

In Lucan here, on the 20meg service getting less then 4meg since yesterday, rang them there and usual story plug out your modem plug it back in run speedtest same results, so have to wait for their tech support to call me back. Not acceptable for a service that I would expect to be at least over 17meg all of the time :(

I'm the same it's been 9meg most of the day and now down to 2!!! Downloading is not fun at 199Kb/s!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Mine hasnt been working for a while now either (in Cork). :mad:

Anyone else's still down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Niall0 wrote: »
    Mine hasnt been working for a while now either (in Cork). :mad:

NiallO,

Was thinking of changing my ISP. I was with BT until it merge with Vodafone. Since then have had nothing but trouble with speeds and drop out.

As you are in Cork was wondering what the service is like ?

Airuser

Advertisement