Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panting & Shivering

Options
  • 08-01-2010 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I have a two year old Jack Russell/Bichon + who on two occasions recently, both at the same time in the evening, although thats where the similarity ends, started shivering and panting which lasted about two hours. On the first occasion I called the vet who couldn't offer any explanation but advised to bring her in in the morning if the episode continued. It is the same as the reaction she had after her hysterectomy and when she had an attack of mites during the summer although without the dashing about. Any suggestions? she was not frightened by anything, and on the first occasion awoke from sleep to do it.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

could it be a way that she reacts when she is feeling unwell, considering it occured after an op and during an attack of mites? poor little thing, she must be pretty stressed from doing it for two hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭fourcats

You could be right, but she showed no sign of being unwell either before or after the episode. Perhaps one hour is a bit nearer the length of time she panted, she took herself off to bed and woke and shivered a bit each time I checked on her then seemed to have suffered no ill effects.She's always been a funny little thing, having no interest in her food, preferring walks! Many thanks for your suggestion.

Advertisement