Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless broadband / digital tv in westport

Options
  • 08-01-2010 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hello,
    I've just moved to the area (living on edge of westport town).

Im just wondering what digital tv is available in the area? (have just been told NTL not available)

And also, what is the best broadband in the area? (preferably wireless without land line and with 6 month contract).

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

2010jc wrote: »
    Hello,
    I've just moved to the area (living on edge of westport town).

Im just wondering what digital tv is available in the area? (have just been told NTL not available)

And also, what is the best broadband in the area? (preferably wireless without land line and with 6 month contract).

Thanks in advance!

Sky is your only option outside the standard aerial reception.

Your options are your 3G and Westnet. Live 4 miles from Cbar on Westport side and I can't get any 3G reception so we went with Westnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭2010jc

Thanks for that.
    Sky don't do 6month contracts(I'll only be here that long) so will stick to standard aerial.

3g not available in Westport and westnet have installation fee which makes it expensive over 6months.

Anyone know if eircom wireless broadband through landline is any good here?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Have a 3 Ireland wireless broadband connection working on a laptop in Westport. Seems OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭2010jc

thanks for messages.
    went for sky (you can move the service with you if you are moving house)
    and internet through the land line which you can also get a 6 month contract for.
    both are working very well!
    Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement