Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to take Pics

• 08-01-2010 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi,

New to this forum. I've gotten a great christmas present of a Canon AE 1 programm SLR.

I've taken some scenery shots over the hols and love them.

But wondering if there's a website or any info on good places to go to get photos? Where I could spend most of the day following shots?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

We'd set up a public shared google map a while back called Boards.ie Photo Spots, I have it saved under "My maps", but unfortunately I can't remember how to find it without that.

http://maps.google.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

If you search for 'boards.ie' on google maps, it'll give you the photobuddy map :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

If you have a look through the Photographic Expeditions sub-forum you may get some inspiration.

Really it is very difficult to advise someone where to take photo's & what to shoot when we do not know where you are & what rocks your boat.

Just keep the camera with you as much as possible & shoot what inspires you.

Nice to see someone starting out in film :=)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 modest_marie

I'm located around Midlands area, but like driving too!

Had a look at the map and might give Kilanthomas Woods a go tomorrow!

I just fancy a day snapping, with a backpack full of film!

Does anyone know of a good course, for a starter/keen learner? In terms of getting the best from your camera and learning to pick the good shot?
    Does this all just come with practice?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

It does really come with practice.

You could look up your local Camera Club. That way you can learn from others who have already made a lot of mistakes. Go along to a meeting & see if you like it. It does not suit everyone & each club is different but it can be a good way to get ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Practice really Marie...I just joined in thread to say that you've got yourself a cracking camera there. There's just enough functions on it to get great pics and little enough that after a few rolls and a couple of weeks you should be on top of it. It looks a little daunting at first but really in no time you'll have figured it out. I'd say shoot away in auto first off and get used to focusing. Now many will disagree with that advice and good on them but I stick by it. Sure it's not as though National Geographic are banging the door in is it? So no panic doing full Manual mode (over-rated in my opinion anyway:eek:).
    Do have a look through this forum on cheap alternatives to getting your rolls developed.

What lenses did it come with?

Advertisement