Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

will the epl games be called off?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Two sneaky plays this week if games go ahead may be Sturridge off Chelsea and Ramsay off Arsenal.

I would imagine Ramsay will be starting in abscence of Fabregas so might get rid of one of the cheaper spurs players in my mid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Two sneaky plays this week if games go ahead may be Sturridge off Chelsea and Ramsay off Arsenal.

I would imagine Ramsay will be starting in abscence of Fabregas so might get rid of one of the cheaper spurs players in my mid.

sturridge is definitely coming in.

im considering leaving it at that until next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The African players will probably all be back by the time a game gets played again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

So which games are definitely going ahead?

Are they giving fans notice or doing inspections in the games that are left?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Hull and Chelsea is off, according to SSN.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Johner turn around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

kida wrote: »
    odd - this far away - surely it could be worked on up until then
    You are taking a very keen interest in this game. did you get a freebie for the corporate box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

daithijjj wrote: »
    So which games are definitely going ahead?
    Arsenal vs Everton (Saturday, 3pm)
    Birmingham vs Man Utd (Saturday, 5.30pm)
    Man City vs Blackburn (Monday, 8pm)
    West Ham vs Wolves (Sunday, 1.30pm)
    Wigan vs Aston Villa (Saturday, 3pm)

They are all on for now, but that's no guarantee that they will go ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

odd - this far away - surely it could be worked on up until then

it's the same reason arsenal called off their game mid week - they don't want to be sued...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

CHD wrote: »
    Johner turn around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky I was just waiting on the bus! Bus Eireann only gave me a 50% refund the cunts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Took a massive 24 point hit rejigging my FF team, hope the gamble works off :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Have Sky lost out on a weekend game since the Hull/Chelsea game they were showing is off, or will they be able to offer another one instead like they did with the Stoke/Fulham game earlier in the week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Have Sky lost out on a weekend game since the Hull/Chelsea game they were showing is off, or will they be able to offer another one instead like they did with the Stoke/Fulham game earlier in the week?
    They will get the replays/reoganised matches i hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

Just on Sky Sports News, pitch inspection in the morning at half 8, undersoil heating has failed at 5pm... not looking good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

glanman wrote: »
    Just on Sky Sports News, pitch inspection in the morning at half 8, undersoil heating has failed at 5pm... not looking good

for what game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

where is that glanman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

For Wigan - Villa,

Wigan Athletic have called a pitch inspection tomorrow morning, Saturday, at 8.30am after the undersoil heating at the DW Stadium failed this evening, Friday.

Following the inspection, match referee Stuart Atwell will decide whether the Barclays Premier League match at home to Aston Villa can go ahead.

The game was all set to go ahead after the club spent thousands of pounds on preparing the area around the stadium with extensive gritting and snow clearing over the past few days, and an inspection yesterday deemed that the area was safe to stage the match.

However, having been functioning day and night on full power virtually constantly since prior to the postponed Barclays Premier League against Bolton Wanderers on December 21st, over two weeks ago, the undersoil heating at the stadium developed a malfunction tonight, around 5.00pm.

Engineers have been on site attempting to repair the fault but as yet, they have not been successful.

The club now has no option but to wait until tomorrow morning.

Manager Roberto Martinez says he is extremely frustrated, but has to accept that the game is now in serious doubt.

He said: "I have to congratulate our safety team at the stadium who have worked tirelessly to try and clear the area of ice and snow over the past few days. Our ground staff have also spent several nights at the stadium making the sure the pitch remained playable.

"We have to keep our fingers crossed that tonight's frost is not too severe, but a final decision rests with the referee."

News from tomorrow's inspection will be released immediately the outcome is known.

Damn. Hope they can fix it, looks bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

yikes! i'll take one 3 and a 5.30 tomorrow if possible! i'll settle for ANC on sunday...

on what grounds were pool requesting the match be called off?

Anfield :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Pool match was called off on advice of police. roads around pool would be treacherous so the danger to the public was taken into consideration. You saw what happened to that unfortunate individual on the six news yesterday when fell over himself. Imagine that at a game now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

west ham v wolves just called off as well.

Down to 3 games and counting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

i reckon city ill be called off too... weather has got worse since weds game was off with more to come... todays will surely be safe at this stage...

Advertisement