Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alereon announces wireless USB NoWire laptop to HDTV extender

Options
  • 08-01-2010 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

Looking to keep your computer-to-TV extender setup as basic as possible? Then you might just want to consider Alereon's new NoWire wireless USB extender, which does away with the need for any software or drivers along with the wires. As you might have suspected, however, that means it simply uses the wireless USB dongle to mirror your laptop display on your TV, which itself must be outfitted with a shark fin receiver that connects via HDMI or VGA (with some help form a 3.5mm audio jack). That obviously limits your options a bit, but the good news is that the extender can also take advantage of some software and drivers for Windows for some more advanced functionality. No word on a price just yet, but it looks like the extender will be available sometime in March. Head on past the break for a quick video overview.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

any idea from where I can put my hands on one of them?

rgds
    zeppi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

And then scratch Your head wondering why Your laptop is having problems picking up a signal from Your wireless broadband router. I've had nothing but trouble caused by these wireless video senders, they cause crazy amounts of noise which will affect other devices and they don't use the standard 22Mhz channels like other wifi devices. There are only 13 channels with big overlaps, only 11 in USA as diagram indicates therefore lots of devices are limited to 11 channels.

01fig02.jpg

Advertisement