Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q re getting deposit back.

Options
  • 08-01-2010 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Quick question. We paid a deposit of €750 to a hotel to book a venue for our weeding about 4 weeks ago. The wedding is not until may 2011, however we have decided to go a different route and get married abroad. Have I any legal rights to getting my deposit back. Many thanks.

Rylan.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Did you sign a contract?
    If you did then read this contract,

Its likely that the hotel are well within their rights to keep either the full deposit or a percentage of it as a change of mind is not a valid reason for canceling after you agree to a contract and pay a deposit

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It all depends on what was written in the T&Cs of the deposit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I would ask the hotel to accept a deposit by credit card and credit you back the cash. They are no worse off and neither are you .

However if the hotel goes bust you might get your money back from the credit card company/card insurance and no you are not legally entitled to a refund unless it is covered in their terms and conditions!

Advertisement