Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value home heating oil?

Options
  • 08-01-2010 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi folks, any idea where the best value home heating oil in Sligo is? Will prob need to top up in next few weeks, for the first time :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

I'd say you better ring a few of the companies and check the prices.
    It depends how much you need, they might have special offers.
    Last time i got mine they told me the more you order the cheaper it is.
    I always get mine from Sligo Fuels at Deepwater Quay(they always let me pay after few days or in instalments) but there is also Jones Oil or Topaz

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Checked around a few places / retailers early last Month when we got oil (before the budget) - and McCormack's were in fact the cheapest (but they did have a promotion on for 10% or 15% off at the time as far as I know).

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Well, ordered a tank of fuel from Sligo fuels on 18th Dec from Sligo Fuels and was assured there would be no problem, a cert before Christmas, they never showed up! I did not realize untill the 24th (have been buying from them for years and had account) and oil was getting petty low with visitors arriving on the 29th :eek:. Called them up on the 27th or 28th expressing concern and explaining the situation. The lady assured me she would call me back and let me know. NO CALL. Called again the next day to be told there was no hope, as I had feared, with the ice.

Called M+K fuels. Godsend! They have been here twice, in a tractor, drums of oil in the back and all smiles so if you ask me they are the people to use 071 9122860. First delivery was 100ltr and docket reads €60. You may get it cheaper but for hand delivered in the circumstances, well worth it!

Just my € 0.02

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

500L from texoil on tuesday last @ 290euro without the haggle/ 280 with.
    called in the morning, delivered in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Try www.jonesoil.ie

They have a depo down in the quays, Online will give you kero for €565 for 1000 Litres. Tip: order it online, cos if you do it over the phone it'll be more expensive. They told me when I phoned to do it online as they can't beat the online rates.

Was cheap for me......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Well, ordered a tank of fuel from Sligo fuels on 18th Dec from Sligo Fuels and was assured there would be no problem, a cert before Christmas, they never showed up! I did not realize untill the 24th (have been buying from them for years and had account) and oil was getting petty low with visitors arriving on the 29th :eek:. Called them up on the 27th or 28th expressing concern and explaining the situation. The lady assured me she would call me back and let me know. NO CALL. Called again the next day to be told there was no hope, as I had feared, with the ice.

Called M+K fuels. Godsend! They have been here twice, in a tractor, drums of oil in the back and all smiles so if you ask me they are the people to use 071 9122860. First delivery was 100ltr and docket reads €60. You may get it cheaper but for hand delivered in the circumstances, well worth it!

Just my € 0.02

Jesus, poor form from Sligo Fuels.

I have piped gas, thank God, as the coalman hasn't been seen for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Ours was running out today. Phoned everyone, the only place that can deliver on Monday is Texoil, fingers crossed they get here.
    In the meantime a kind friend picked us up some from McCormacks Mace, they sell small containers if anyone is stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

animha wrote: »
    Hi folks, any idea where the best value home heating oil in Sligo is? Will prob need to top up in next few weeks, for the first time :rolleyes:
    Might be worth checking out www.boilerjuice.ie for an instant quote as well as ringing around.
    I've used them before and it's handy as you can order and pay online and give delivery instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Might be worth checking out www.boilerjuice.ie for an instant quote as well as ringing around.
    I've used them before and it's handy as you can order and pay online and give delivery instructions.

Thanks for the link and big respek for whoever thought of the idea to be an online 'fuel broker'!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Thanks for the link and big respek for whoever thought of the idea to be an online 'fuel broker'!

They're not that cheap. I got a cheaper quote from Jones oil on the link I posted earlier. Check it out for say 1000 liters....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

They're not that cheap. I got a cheaper quote from Jones oil on the link I posted earlier. Check it out for say 1000 liters....

hence the reason my advice was: " Might be worth checking out www.boilerjuice.ie for an instant quote as well as ringing around."

They're usually quite competitive but what I really meant was it'd give you a ballpark figure to play with when pricing around :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭JohnThomas09

Well, ordered a tank of fuel from Sligo fuels on 18th Dec from Sligo Fuels and was assured there would be no problem, a cert before Christmas, they never showed up!
    im very surprised to hear this.i do get my oil from McPartland Oils(Sligo Fuels sister company) and they were delivering up until Christmas eve.
    Glad you got sorted in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Montymud

Theres a good budget plan out here at the minute. Its pay €150 for 500l and then pay €80 euros per month and they keep topping it up when you run out. I think its Total that are doing it but if anyone is interested to know I'll give my mum a call and ask her as it was her that told me.

I just paid €200 for 300l - shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭The.Q

magnumlady wrote: »
    Ours was running out today. Phoned everyone, the only place that can deliver on Monday is Texoil, fingers crossed they get here.
    In the meantime a kind friend picked us up some from McCormacks Mace, they sell small containers if anyone is stuck.
    We (by which mean my wife:p) always ring around, but the last few times have always found texoil the best value, or at least as cheap as the cheapest. You can usually bargain them down to a lower price if someone else beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭animha

Paid online with Jones Oil and got a delivery 3 days later, happy out...thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Try www.jonesoil.ie

They have a depo down in the quays, Online will give you kero for €565 for 1000 Litres. Tip: order it online, cos if you do it over the phone it'll be more expensive. They told me when I phoned to do it online as they can't beat the online rates.

Was cheap for me......

Did €565 include VAT, was that the total amount paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Used Grange fuel last two times, he was cheaper than the rest we priced. He works for himself and has no overheads. I am sure we got 500L mid December for 270e 086 727 3805. Cannot find that receipt but previous one back in Feb was for 230 for 500l.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Used Grange fuel last two times, he was cheaper than the rest we priced. He works for himself and has no overheads. I am sure we got 500L mid December for 270e 086 727 3805. Cannot find that receipt but previous one back in Feb was for 230 for 500l.

Got 1000L from Grange Fuel today. It was 550 euro and Jones Oil was 565, the next cheapest.

Rang just after 9:00 and the oil was delivered by the time I got home from work.

Great service and great value. thanks thundermuppet for phone no.

Always dealt with Parkes Fuels in Ballisodare,very friendly and prompt delivery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

Hi guys...

prices now are about €590-600 for 1000 litres?? Anywhere cheaper?

Jones oil was quoted as €565 for 1,000...now thats €590 for 1,000...

tuff times we're in ...getting tuffa....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

As at 31/03/10...
    Bolier Juice €610 for 1,000 litres....
    Jones Oil...€590 for 1,000 litres.
    Sweeney Oil €600 for 1,010 litres (note the extra 10 litres)

Hi guys...

prices now are about €590-600 for 1000 litres?? Anywhere cheaper?

Jones oil was quoted as €565 for 1,000...now thats €590 for 1,000...

tuff times we're in ...getting tuffa....

Advertisement