Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Conditions - Keep me updated?

Options
  • 08-01-2010 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone keep me updated on what the road conditons are like in the county throughout the day?

Particulary the M1 and Ardee area.

I'm in Dublin for work but want to get back to Ardee for the weekend.

I've been told not to go home as its bad and that its supposed to be worse for Sunday, so I may not get back to Dublin.

But have a meal on Sat night I would like to make so if the motorway isn't too bad I like to at least attempt to get back to Ardee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I've been up and down the M1 every day since Wednesday. This morning has been the best driving conditions so far on the M1 with a noticeable difference on the Louth/Meath side. All secondary roads I've driven on haven't been great so take care out the Ardee direction.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I don't know if this will be much help but if you go to this link
    http://www.nra.ie/RoadWeatherInfo/Map/data/htm/WeatherTable.htm

You can view a table of the road conditions of the main roads in Ireland (including M1: Dunleer Bypass and M1: Drogheda Bypass). It gives you some idea of the state of the road and the road temperature. I think it's updated every 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thanks, that will be helpful, although hopefully the worst is over now, its fine up in Dun Laoghaire this moring so I hope its ok in the north east?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

around dundalk and dunleer today its fine, all snow and ice/frost is pretty much gone
    it rained yesterday and temps are around 2 or 3 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

+1 same in Drogheda. Anticlimax....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

hopefully it'll stay away and I'll get home next weekend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

There was some black ice on the side roads this morning - still need to be careful out there for another few days!

Advertisement