Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Bus routes 74/A + 15/b to Balrothery Roundabout?

• 08-01-2010 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, because of the snow, the 74/a and 15/b are stopping at Balrothery Roundabout, does anybody know where this is? I have looked on google maps but apparently its in Balbriggan, which makes no sense. Any help would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

around here-ish, 53.289527,-6.339825

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

stop wrote: »
    around here-ish, 53.289527,-6.339825

cheers buddy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 johnsher

believe it's a mistake on their website and they actually mean the spawell roundabout which was shown on their website for the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭spareman

johnsher wrote: »
    believe it's a mistake on their website and they actually mean the spawell roundabout which was shown on their website for the last few days
    Not a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

spareman wrote: »
    Not a mistake.
    So they actually stop at the M50 roundabout? Are you sure?

Cos there are no footpaths there (not really) and the 74/A and 15/B don't normally go anywhere near there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭MiniD

seamus wrote: »

Cos there are no footpaths there (not really) and the 74/A and 15/B don't normally go anywhere near there.

Balrothery is further on towards Tallaght from the M50. If it helps anyone locate it, it's the regular terminus for the 76B.

I'm guessing buses are using this roundabout as there is more space to lay over compared to Spawell where it's slightly busier.

cool, its a mistake then

my girlfriend is just on the 15b, the driver says that they are stopping at templeogue bridge, that would make a lot more sense

seamus wrote: »
    MiniD wrote: »
    Balrothery is further on towards Tallaght from the M50. If it helps anyone locate it, it's the regular terminus for the 76B.

I'm guessing buses are using this roundabout as there is more space to lay over compared to Spawell where it's slightly busier.
    thorbarry wrote: »
    cool, its a mistake then

my girlfriend is just on the 15b, the driver says that they are stopping at templeogue bridge, that would make a lot more sense

As stated already, its not a mistake, unions and managent agreed this was the safest place to turn buses, as a result every bus from ringsend heading that general direction are turning there. Maybe its changed since I finished work but thats the way it was at 1pm today when I clocked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Locally we've always referred to the M50 roundabout as the "Balrothery Interchange". I wasn't aware that the next roundabout down is the actual Balrothery roundabout.

I agree that's a safer place to terminate. Is it possible to get to Dodder Valley Park from that roundabout? That would be a better walking route for people who live in Firhouse and take the 74's or 15.

As stated already, its not a mistake, unions and managent agreed this was the safest place to turn buses, as a result every bus from ringsend heading that general direction are turning there. Maybe its changed since I finished work but thats the way it was at 1pm today when I clocked out.

it must have been changed, the 15b just dropped my gf off at templeogue bridge. The site has it listed still, as templeogue bridge, so i would say it is a mistake

• Advertisement

it must have been changed, the 15b just dropped my gf off at templeogue bridge. The site has it listed still, as templeogue bridge, so i would say it is a mistake

No, the 15B is listed as Balrothery.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/

What site has it listed as Templeogue bridge?
    15b From Eden Quay to Balrothery Roundabout
    Maybe it has changed back to templeogue bridge in the last hour and db site has not been updated, Bus as I said at 1pm today 15b's were terminating at Balrothery with the 77, 77A, 50, 74, 74A, 15E, 15F. Funny thing is the 76b was terminating at belgard square.

Funny thing is the 76b was terminating at belgard square.

I think it's the area around The Square and Tallaght Village that's causing problems.

MiniD wrote: »
    I think it's the area around The Square and Tallaght Village that's causing problems.

Sorry i ment to say that the site has it listed as stopping at Balrothery, but it stopped at Templeogue bridge

Sorry i ment to say that the site has it listed as stopping at Balrothery, but it stopped at Templeogue bridge
    okay, Either its been changed back, or communication between control and driver's is back to what we had on wednesday. Maybe the driver just started and didn't hear the latest info.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

Thanks for the above.

I had looked also at that and didn't know where Balrothery Roundabout was either. Dublin Bus have some serious problems with communications.

Trying to figure out where buses go based on there arbitrary list of 'stages' in the timetables is tricky. I usually resort to http://mkmap.com/dublin instead. Much clearer.

Fergus wrote: »
    Dublin Bus have some serious problems with communications.

they sure do

jeez that map thing is deadly

Advertisement