Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castletroy College parents.

Options
  • 08-01-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Its minus 6 FFS. Dont stop on the road to drop your little darlings off when the road is icy you muppets. Cars behind you dont want to have to brake and cars behind them dont want to either.

As a matter of fact dont stop on the road at all. Ever. You have a drop off zone on one side and a car park on the other, there is no need to **** up traffic every morning with your laziness.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MrFireBox

Well said, morning school run is an absolute disaster everywhere. Parents (Mostly Mums in people carriers who are incapable of driving them) think they can just stop anywhere and don't give a toss about who is driving behind them or who they block. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Castletroy College pickup zone is a total disaster, 500 chubby Mums in SUVs parked all over the road on both sides causing traffic chaos cause their 500 assorted chubby offspring can't walk a few hundred metres in any direction to spread out the parked traffic some bit....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

think is some irish people cant drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

But sure, you hardly expect the chubsters to walk to school, now, do you? Watching their jelly bits jiggle might be a bit much for me to take early in the morning. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Rio 2016

There would be no need for this thread if the bloody school put its affairs in order and had put sufficient facilities in place from day one. That car park can only take up to thirty cars at a time despite the fact that there are over a thousand students in the school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I was referring to the Park carpark. The problems stem from the drop offs not the rare times they have events. Its all from laziness, rather than drive into the car park or drop off zone, they all stop on the bloody street to let their kids out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Did anyone see the castletroy college parents dinner dance in the paper a few weeks,pure L 4's....Surely most could walk to school no?

Did anyone see the castletroy college parents dinner dance in the paper a few weeks,pure L 4's....Surely most could walk to school no?

Tarquin O'Malley II gets huffy and sulks all night if Mumsy doesn't double park her Landrover on the broken white line.....

Never heard of L4's before - LOL!

- Is it like D4's but with Tracksuits from BTs?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

The worse thing is when kids that live close by get dropped off to school. You see it with most schools in Limerick though. My brother walks to that school every day (unless someone is heading to work and drops him on the way). I think it's because there's a different culture here regarding kids getting to school where you cycle/bus/walk to school alone from an early-ish age rather than getting pandered to by our parents.

The college sounds like it's b0llocks all 'round so not suprised this happens.

P.S My mum an 'L4'? Hahahahaha. Not even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Lapsed Catholic

Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. So everyone on here walks to local shops, schools etc? What precious little posters we are. Is you car journey to work absolutely necessary, could you walk? I would say that Corbally Rd. is worse with 00s of yummy mummies in 4x4s and MPVs arriving from Co.Clare for Scoil Ide, parking everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. So everyone on here walks to local shops, schools etc? What precious little posters we are. Is you car journey to work absolutely necessary, could you walk? I would say that Corbally Rd. is worse with 00s of yummy mummies in 4x4s and MPVs arriving from Co.Clare for Scoil Ide, parking everywhere.

So, you don't like the yummy mummies and you don't like people who complain about yummy mummies either.:confused:

Where is the love?

I dont park on a single lane main road. *throws rock*

topper75 wrote: »
    So, you don't like the yummy mummies and you don't like people who complain about yummy mummies either.:confused:

Where is the love?

Exactly - Its a bit hypocritical to bitch at Posters on here and then carry on to do the same as them except for a different location?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. So everyone on here walks to local shops, schools etc? What precious little posters we are. Is you car journey to work absolutely necessary, could you walk? .......

+1

one of the reasons for driving kids to school too is that its far to bloody dangerous most of the time for them to cycle: traffic is much less tolerant to cyclists than years ago; bags are far to heavy to manage safe cycling - kids bags are a ton weight these days; and schools don't provide safe areas for storing bikes anymore. I can name off 5 different schools where there is absolutely nowhere to leave a bike, the schools don't want them out the front of the school (and they'd probably be stolen anyway) and won't provide a spare for them at the back of the school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Lapsed Catholic

Raiser, I merely pointed out that yummy mummies park where ever on Corbally Rd. I didn't insult the YMs or their children, unlike you. You seem to be angry at everything in life, what's wrong?

In another thread you claim to live near the Crescent SC, what are you doing outside a school at rush hour on the other side of town?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

LC: I've edited your post. Comments like that will not be tolerated here.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Planning Authority; A week in the life of:

Day 1: Build schools on main roads with no parking facilities
    Day 2: Grant planning to your buddy developers for housing on flood planes

ye can fill in the rest yourself, its not like there's a shortage of material, unlike accountability.

Why the hell they cant move some of the older schools into an industrial estate is beyond me...surely it can be done?

Again. There IS parking, the parents are just too ****ing lazy. They stop on the road for 30 seconds or so to let their kids out. Multiply this by several hundred cars and you have a major jam.
    Plus if you do it when its icy, someone will probably ram into the back of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Hey, there's nothing like a good biatching thread to start the New Year, but technically shouldn't it be in the Limerick County forum? :D

Oracle wrote: »
    Hey, there's nothing like a good biatching thread to start the New Year, but technically shouldn't it be in the Limerick County forum? :D

Booooooo but I dont want my thread in with teh culchies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement