Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VALIDATOR W3.ORG

Options
  • 08-01-2010 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Im using the above site to check my webpages.It tides upthe HTML code, but if i want to copy the code, I end up having to copy the numbers of each line aswell and when I put this code onto my webpage,I end up doubling up on the numbers at the side,is there anyway to fix this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'd download the HTML Tidy client instead:
    http://tidy.sourceforge.net/#binaries

Incidentally, I'm not seeing any line numbers on the W3's validator.

I've never used HTMLTidy, is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

http://validator.w3.org/

you type in the page you want checked
    it will point out the mistakes
    repair the html code
    the problem i got was when I copied the repaired code the number beside each line was being copied aswell

example
    401.<td class="alt2" colspan="2">01-08, 12:33</td>
    402.</tr>
    403.<tr>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I'd suggest getting a html editor that displays line numbers instead of cutting and pasting. Then again, can you not just delete the numbers you're copying across?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It doesn't show you the numbers if you use the tidy feature. test

It shows you the numbers if you are using the 'show source', but you scroll down to where it says 'Cleaned-up Source Listing with "Tidy"'.

Never used the tidy, does it fix the problems or can it throw up new problems? Handy feature.

Advertisement