Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roads in co offaly

Options
  • 08-01-2010 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

I need to travel from Ballinasloe to Birr tomorrow-unfortunately urgent-and was wondering if anyone could advise on the state of the roads. I usually take the Shannonbridge road to Cloghan and right at Cloghan to Taylor's Cross and left into Birr. Can't see anything at the moment on aa roadwatch but I know that they were reporting that Birr-Banagher road was treacherous during the week. Can anyone help?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭medoc

The road from Cloghan to Birr was ok the last few days i.e. it was gritted/salted. However I wouldnt be so sure of the Cloghan to Ballinasloe road. The road from Cloghan to the Blueball was very bad the last few mornings, it wasnt gritted when I went to cloghan at 7.30am and that is the same road that goes to Ballinasloe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

medoc wrote: »
    The road from Cloghan to Birr was ok the last few days i.e. it was gritted/salted. However I wouldnt be so sure of the Cloghan to Ballinasloe road. The road from Cloghan to the Blueball was very bad the last few mornings, it wasnt gritted when I went to cloghan at 7.30am and that is the same road that goes to Ballinasloe.

thanks medoc-reply much appreciated. I actually didn't go in the end as I rang the Garda station in Banagher and they said the road from Shannonbridge to Cloghan was lethal and they basically told me to stay put. So stay put I did! Hopefully things will improve in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭medoc

I remember when I was in school and praying for the snow to last as long as possible. Now its the opposite because I have to drive to work etc. Its no fun these mornings. Lucky enough we didnt get it as bad as other places in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

medoc wrote: »
    I remember when I was in school and praying for the snow to last as long as possible. Now its the opposite because I have to drive to work etc. Its no fun these mornings. Lucky enough we didnt get it as bad as other places in the country.

I think we were all like that medoc but you're right, not much fun anymore. Some beautiful days and nights though.
    Thanks again for your help.

Advertisement