Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Snooker Club

Options
  • 08-01-2010 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

The Drogheda Snooker Club has just opened in the Star and Crescent building in the Fair Green.

It has 3 snooker tables, a poker room, a bar & is members only

The entrance is across from Delaney Motors, the last doors of the S&C building

If you would like more information drop me a pm and i will fill you in

opening hours mon-fri 7pm-12am sat & sun 1pm-1am

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Whats the price for membership and use of the tables ?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭drogsnookerclub

membership is 100e, 50e for over 50's(membership is subject to conditions)

6e per hour for use of tables
    3.50 for any drink at the bar

the games room will have a poker table, poker machines and the plan is to have a dart board and xbox also

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Pint of Vodka please! :)

I know someone who will be interested in joining. I'll pass on the details to him.

Seems like good timing. Barry Hearn is bound to give snooker a kick up in arse and get more people playing again.

Hope it goes well for ya. :cool:

Thanks whiskey, if anyone wants to have a look around and few free games to check it out just drop me a pm and we'll sort something

nigel power and a few other pro's are going to use it as their place to practice so hopefully we can build on that and get a nice club going

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

any info what poker games will be running?

• Advertisement

Not yet Redzerdrog but there will most certainly regular members games, if you add the club on facebook and let me know who you are i will inform you when things move further with regards poker games

if youre not on facebook you can send me your details and ill text/mail you when they start

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭irishbrain

Or, to avoid paying a 100 euro membership, get down to the Whitworth Club on Lawrence street which has more tables and a choice of first floor or second floor tables.

The first floor tables cost approx 7.50 ph and the second floor is around 8.50 but they are better quality.

I might have a little look into the Star n Crescent. I play a lot of snooker, but with only 3 tables, I doubt it would be worth the membership - you might not even get a table.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

irishbrain wrote: »
    Or, to avoid paying a 100 euro membership, get down to the Whitworth Club on Lawrence street which has more tables and a choice of first floor or second floor tables.

The first floor tables cost approx 7.50 ph and the second floor is around 8.50 but they are better quality.

I might have a little look into the Star n Crescent. I play a lot of snooker, but with only 3 tables, I doubt it would be worth the membership - you might not even get a table.

Assuming you are nothing to do with the Whitworth...

A snooker club is also a social club and a good place to meet like minded people. And most importantly, you can't get a pint in the Whitworth. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭irishbrain

That is a fair point. I just think it was worth noting that it was not the only option for a game of snooker in case new people to the town were checking out the forum.

I suppose some people do enjoy a pint with a game of snooker/poker and being part of a 'members' club would appeal to a lot of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Kenteach

irishbrain wrote: »

While €100 plus your table rates does seem a bit steep, I'd also have to say that the Whitty has really let its tables go to sh!t and unless you bring your own cue you could end up with a broom handle to play with. Upstairs still decent for a game, but I like the idea of a members club, with drinks, card games, maybe even some sport on the box (anyone know if this is being done) in another room. 3 tables may end up being a problem though if it took off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Folks, boards isn't here to serve as an advertising medium for this. Contact hello@boards.ie for details on appropriate advertising. You can PM the OP as suggested with any specific queries about the club or PM me if you want to discuss this further.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement