Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mineral makeup

• 08-01-2010 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Hey girls and gays (and curious guys perhaps!)

I want to get starter using mineral makeup. Is it worth the hype? is your skin gorgeous after use? does it have good coverage? what brand do you use ?

anyone use body shop's one?

i tried bareminerals and seems good however 65euro is alot of money for something so small so looking for cheaper alternatives

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Personally I cant stand it. Bought into it because of the usual hype (non pore blocking etc) and tried the Revlon one. It dried out my skin (combination) to no end and I found the coverage was barely there.

I put that down to a cheaper brand so then tried the MAC one (brand I would usually wear) Found much the same thing, although the coverage was better it really did nothing for my skin.

Back to my usual tinted moisturiser / studio fix for a night out until some other skin miracle make-up comes along.

Cold just be my skin type but bigget waste of money for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 senape

I dunno about the foundation but I really like the body shop mineral blusher goes on and blends really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

try everydayminerals.com. they are very reasonable & you can also get free samples .
    I have used the bodyshop & bare minerals & i think everyday is just as good if not better & much cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tinkleivories

bills wrote: »
    try everydayminerals.com. they are very reasonable & you can also get free samples .
    I have used the bodyshop & bare minerals & i think everyday is just as good if not better & much cheaper
    I was just on the Everyday Minerals website looking for some samples, which are really reasonably priced! But I found that the postage to Ireland was ridiculously high (something like $25). Was it the same for you or am I just doing something wrong on the site?! :-/

*(I've tried BE and MAC before but they didn't work with my skin tone/coverage needs)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I love Bare Minerals and I'll never go back to liquid foundation

The starter kit seems expensive for €60 but you get so much in it. Once you have your brushes you can top up on the make up no problem. A pot of the foundation is €25 and it's 4 times the size of the one you get in the starter kit. The blusher will last a life time too!

• Advertisement

@Orlee

I used the Bare Minerals for 3 years and loved it, but my skin has since changed alot and it just doesn't work for me anymore .... I find it too chalky as my skin has gotten very dry and the undertones are too pink for my skintone. I was asking about the Everyday Mineral Foundation, but thanks for the reply! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

@Orlee

I used the Bare Minerals for 3 years and loved it, but my skin has since changed alot and it just doesn't work for me anymore .... I find it too chalky as my skin has gotten very dry and the undertones are too pink for my skintone. I was asking about the Everyday Mineral Foundation, but thanks for the reply! :)

Was just replying to serenacat in general about mineral makeup

My bad! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LynseyH

Loreal bare natural makeup is amazing!!

I get it on ebay...so cheap under 10e in a lovely compact case with mirror. So handy!

Great coverage, natural finish, not oily, hides pores and redness and great natural shades!!

Its better than Bare minerals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭odonopenmic

I got a present of Isa Dora mineral make-up (think you can get it in Debenhams but not sure how much it costs) and it is great! Not exactly a make-up expert but I've had no problems at all skin-wise, if anything it feels lighter and the coverage was still good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Start off with a few drugstore brands, I think maybelline do a good line. You'll get an idea of whether the more expensive brand is worth buying or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I'm using Maybelline's Pure Liquid Mineral foundation in Cameo at the moment and really like it :)

I like the level of coverage - not too much, not too little. At powder as you wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Try Irish Brand Fuschia http://www.fuschia.ie/item.php?id=34

Thats there starter back - which is great. You get to try it and the brush is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

thanks for replys, i got bare minerals from usa, the starter kit. The foundation is really easy to apply looks so natural so perfect for summer. i love it! im just using up all my sticky foundations now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

i got mac mineralise make up a while agi in the compact. i had a make up session there and the girl had used the liquid one on my skin and it seemed great but i think it was down to the make up artist as opposed to the make up because the compact is rubbish. it has poor coverage even thought the compact is supposed to have more than the liquid and wears off in about 2 hours even if i use a primer i will have to reapply. i'm just using it up during the day now when i'm having those will i won't i wear make up days. think i'll give the fuschia one a go, i've heard great things about them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I've used Fuschia for over a year now and I have to say I find their make up excellent. They have their headquarters in Drogheda but they have their brand in hairdressers and beauticans all over the country (check their website).

Thats where I seen them first.

I love love love Fuschia. I've signed up to their newsletter and I've gotten great deals over the past year (e.g 25% off, buy moisture foundation - get free pressed powder).

Advertisement