Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth Train Station

Options
  • 08-01-2010 1:17pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does any one else use the station regularly with a buggy or wheel chair?
    Do you have problems getting out of it?
    Do you find some of the staff extremely rude and ignorant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Do you?

Can't comment myself on the first two. As for the staff (a year or so so back), the men behind the glass in the ticket both were never the most friendly characters in the world. Then again I'm not sure I'd be dancing and singing songs if I worked there.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

I've never used the station with a buggy or wheelchair but do find two of the staff in particular extremely rude to deal with. I complained to Irish Rail last year about one of them after a bad incident and in fairness he has improved since. By 'improved' I mean he now just keeps quiet rather than giving unnecessary abuse. (I am an annual ticket holder. A lot of these tickets don't work in the machines so I need to use the gate at the side of the turnstiles. If this gate is locked I need to ask the staff to open it - this seems to annoy them no end even though they just need to push a button beside their seat. :mad:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am just bitter because I got stuck on the platform on Wednesday ,kept ringing the bell and they would not answer it.
    They expect me to go in to the station show my annual ticket come out cross the bridge and then after moaning they will open the gate for me.
    I am finding it completly unacceptable as I commute with the baby every day.
    Mostly though on Wednesday I was cold,very cold and the train had been delayed for ages and ages too.
    I am not asking for special treatment with a buggy i just want to be able to get out of the station and home.
    People on the platform were lovely and offered to help but the buggy is too heavy to lift over the gate and i didn't want anyone to miss their train either. A few people asked in the station for me too and they did open it but it was after 15-20 minutes.
    I have spoken to a few other people and they have said that they have had similar experiences,I suppose i jsu want to make sure it isn't jsut me before I go and make a formal complaint.
    I need the train and it is the main reason that I live in Maynooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

tbh it depends on who is there. Two of the guys are ok - and two of them are dickheads. And there's one other guy I'm undecided on. But what you gonna do - they're all job for life asshats. The sooner anybody with the power stands up to the Irish Rail unions and fu3ks them from a height the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

go to leixlip there much nicer there!!! I sometimes bring my brother whos in a wheelchair in on the train from there and who ever is working will always come and help me get him on even if the gap isnt that big!!!

even in the morning when i have a weekly ticket which my hands are to cold to get out they will open the gate to let you through...in fairness if you dont have a ticket you cant get out in town!!! well...nearly cant!!!

i've never liked the staff in maynooth...i was getting on there one day and didnt have a time table on me so i asked the man working what time the next train was at and it seemed such an effort for him to check for me!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 mh102

Hi all!
    Is there a regular daily train service from Monasterevin to NUI Maynooth? or private coach service.
    Any info would be great!
    Thanks.

Advertisement