Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Separating CMods from regular in bottom list

Options
  • 08-01-2010 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭

Re: this thread

A few people have expressed an interest in looking into separating CMods on the bottom of the page, to avoid confusion for posters.
    As they're being told more and more you go Mod - CMod - Helpdesk, most of them haven't a clue who the CMods of the forum are.

And now with two extra CMods in Rec - it's making it more confusing.
    If you look down the bottom of say API, there's 4 mods and 3 Cmods -- how are posters supposed to know?

I understand this is something that's not the easiest to do - but even something at all to make them stand out from regular mods even. Just they'll have enough to do with out potential random queries from forum posters who think they're a mod of that forum.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

There's no easy way of doing this. Either myself or Ross will get to this eventually, but it won't happen until one of us gets a couple of hours at a stretch to work on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Aye appreciated Conor, I knew wouldn't be easy or remotely high priority, but just thought I'd stick it out there.
    Maybe for now if we all stick a list of the regular mods and Cmods in our charters or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

star-pants wrote: »
    Aye appreciated Conor, I knew wouldn't be easy or remotely high priority, but just thought I'd stick it out there.
    Maybe for now if we all stick a list of the regular mods and Cmods in our charters or something.

I fully agree with you that it'd be nice to have them split. I recently considered flagging something to the attention of the CMods because the Mods didn't take action on a reported post but I was lost as to who was the CMod of the group.

That said, Beruthiel posted up a current list of CMods over the Dispute Resolution Procedure thread :)

Just noticed this has been done now, dunno if it's a trial or what not but \o/ to the guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

star-pants wrote: »
    Just noticed this has been done now, dunno if it's a trial or what not but \o/ to the guys!

Yep, this went live last night. Quite irritating to implement, but hopefully it'll be useful.

• Advertisement

Conor wrote: »
    Yep, this went live last night. Quite irritating to implement, but hopefully it'll be useful.

It's also very much appreciated! *hugs* for all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Nice one, it looks well and very clear.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Conor wrote: »

Noticed this when I logged on today. Fair play man. It fits in very nicely.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement