Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League: Some stats of the decade

• 08-01-2010 2:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭

I often read Martin Tyler's pieces on skysports and thought this was worth posting here. It amazed me that Blackburn have the ninth best points total of the decade, I thought we would be lower. There is a table there as well but I don't know how to copy a table correctly so if you want to see it follow the link at the bottom of the page.
    And for those guys that are always giving out about Robbie Keane, well second only to Thierry Henry over the decade is pretty impressive by any standards

One thing I'd have like to see was an assist table, I'd guess that Giggs would be leading it with Lampard, Henry, Gerrard and Fabregas as the rest of the top five.
    The table is interesting. There is less of a gap in points between United in 1st and Arsenal in 3rd than there is between Arsenal and Liverpool. The gap after that is unsurprisingly huge to the next team and there is another surprise for me. I would have bet my house on Everton being 5th but its Aston Villa.
    Who'd have thought that Spurs conceded more goals than any other team?

Most wins: Manchester United (255)

Most draws:
    Aston Villa (125)

Most defeats:
    Middlesbrough (148)

Most goals:
    Manchester United (757)

Most goals conceded:
    Tottenham (513)

Best goal difference:
    Manchester United (441)

Worst goal difference:
    Sunderland (-160)

Most goals - Jan 1 2000 - Dec 28 2009

Top Scorers
    Thierry Henry169
    Robbie Keane113
    Michael Owen102
    Frank Lampard100
    Ruud van Nistelrooy95
    Wayne Rooney94
    Alan Shearer93
    Jermain Defoe93
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink93
    Mark Viduka92
    Nicolas Anelka87
    James Beattie86
    Cristiano Ronaldo84
    Steven Gerrard75
    Emile Heskey74
    Yakubu73
    Louis Saha70
    Andrew Cole70
    Craig Bellamy70

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,12038_5833641,00.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

eagle eye wrote: »
    Who'd have thought that Spurs conceded more goals than any other team?
    We have always preffered to spend moey on attacking players then defensive ones But in the last ten years we still have a +17 goal difference:cool:
    EDIT sorry forgot to mention that we have been there for the whole decade teams who generally conced more then us get relegated so there only there a few seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Gerrard has 54 assists for the decade in the league, Henry has 58 league assists but left the league in 2007.

Giggs has a whopping 74 assists in the league for the decade.

Got the figures here.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

only one important stat during the decade ;

Arsenal 2003-2004 - P38 W26 D12 L0 Final Position 1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Top Scorers
    Thierry Henry169
    And he's been gone since May or June of '07.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

for those guys that are always giving out about Robbie Keane, well second only to Thierry Henry over the decade is pretty impressive by any standards
    I'm not a Robbie Keane basher, but you have to remember how few players (and goalscoring players at that) have played in the League for the entire decade. Sure Van Nistelrooy's 95 goals came in just 150 league games (the equivalent of four full seasons).

Overall though, it all just makes me miss Thierry even more...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Kess73 wrote: »
    Gerrard has 54 assists for the decade in the league, Henry has 58 league assists but left the league in 2007.

Giggs has a whopping 74 assists in the league for the decade.

Got the figures here.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html

Also Cesc has 63 assists since 2004

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I often read Martin Tyler's pieces on skysports and thought this was worth posting here.

The most important stat is left out :)

Titles:

Manchester United - 6
    Arsenal - 2
    Chelsea - 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Sunderland Goal Difference -160.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

James Beattie's 86 goals compared to Heskey's 74 is another interesting one considering Beattie has spent a season and a half in the Championship during this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Thierry Henry169
    Robbie Keane113
    Michael Owen102
    Frank Lampard100

gwan Franky with ur big midfielding head on ya!
    nothing wrong with that goal stat from a midfielder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

flahavaj wrote: »
    Sunderland Goal Difference -160.:eek:
    I think that's a little unfair of a stat, they have been up and down the most of any team in the prem so it would make sense they have conceeded a lot. but it works out as .6 goals a game. while Derby who have played half the number of games have an average of .9 conceeded per game.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

heard the other day that kilbane has the most losses of any player in the decade. Not too surprising given the quality of some of his teams in that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I think that's a little unfair of a stat, they have been up and down the most of any team in the prem so it would make sense they have conceeded a lot. but it works out as .6 goals a game. while Derby who have played half the number of games have an average of .9 conceeded per game.

Its still a phenomenal indictment of Sunderland's defeding in the Prem over the years in fairness. the fact they've been up and down in a way makes it even worse. Also you're working it out wrong. They conceded 402 goals in 266 games an average of 1.5 per game.

Advertisement