Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

under construction gifs

Options
  • 08-01-2010 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any cool under construction gifs useful for websites?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

skelliser wrote: »
    Anyone have any cool under construction gifs useful for websites?
    Does such a thing exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

p wrote:
    Does such a thing exist?

Zing!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Don't use them. They look awful.

In fact, never ever use an animated gif on a website ever (unless its a very specific circumstance)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Have to agree, they are awfully tacky and scream poor quality, like using clipart.

If you havent got the site ready, leave it offline until its complete. If you are planning on revamping a site, leave it online and work on the revision offline. Once it's complete, launch it. If you have to, place a message on the old site saying new site coming soon or something along those lines. Simple text should do, no need for any images.

Just my opinion, I hate poorly designed sites. I've chosen to do business with companies based on the quality of their site, even outside IT businesses. It makes a huge impression, so site design should be taken very seriously, assuming it is a business or service you are using the site to advertise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement