Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler has died

• 08-01-2010 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi,

My boiler was running fine this morning and then I noticed the house starting to cool down.

When I went to check the heating the boiler is just dead, no error codes, no lights, nothing.

Its a Baxi Megaflow HE 24. According to the manual it should show error codes for most normal problems like high or low pressure but it shows nothing.

I have ruled out anything like power problems or frozen water. I have been calling plumbers but so far all I have been able to do is leave voicemail.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Bubonic wrote: »
    Hi,

My boiler was running fine this morning and then I noticed the house starting to cool down.

When I went to check the heating the boiler is just dead, no error codes, no lights, nothing.

Its a Baxi Megaflow HE 24. According to the manual it should show error codes for most normal problems like high or low pressure but it shows nothing.

I have ruled out anything like power problems or frozen water. I have been calling plumbers but so far all I have been able to do is leave voicemail.

Any ideas?
    I know you have probably checked anyway... but with the cold snap you are using more oil/kerosene to keep house warm. You might have ran out. Happened to me.

How have you ruled out that it is not a frozen pipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i find it strange that there is no lights on. a fualt would always show up with a light.

what happens when you try and restart the boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Bubonic

Thanks for the responses.

I should have stated its a gas boiler. I found the service manual online and it indicates to check for electrical faults.

I know the power is getting past the switch on the wall, as the light is on there and the fuse is ok. I know a bit of electric stuff, so I looked and there are two fuses inside, now just can't find my meter to test them.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Bubonic

Problem solved

A piece of wood had fallen down in a pipe enclosure where the wiring rand and dislodged a cable from a power join block. Connected it back and away it went. Had to break through some plaster though.

Well found:).

• Advertisement
Advertisement