Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TRS Advice...

• 08-01-2010 2:28pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hoping someone can shed some light...

I drew down the 1st stage of a phased payment mortgage 20th December 2007, with 1st payment to First Active to be paid 20th January 2008.

Now I am being told by revenue that I am in the 4th year of TRS? I arugued this point with revenue this time last year but it got me no-where...Can this be right?:confused:

If so, surely mortgage brokers/financial advisors should be only advising people to draw down mortgages in January so that they can avail of full tax relief entitlements.

Also, as far as I understand, years 1-2 are 25% 3-5 are 22.5% and 6-7 are 20%...so why have first active increased my payments with effect from 20th Jan 2010 if surely I'm still at a relief of 22.5%?

All seems abit strange to me!!!

Advertisement