Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

simple simon closed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

does this include the Letterkenny shop too?

I hope this doesnt mean another cheap a$$ pound shop opening on the diamond

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I heard that rumour weeks ago, that they were closing.

When I was in there a while ago, I told the lady I had heard that and she denied it ..

Wish she hadn't as I would have bought more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Thats terrible always liked visiting it when im up

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

My Dad told me that there was a sign up in the window giving out about the council and parking that did it , anyone know the full story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

They are insolvent:

Simple Simon (Natural Foods) Limited
    22 January 2010

Meeting details: The Silver Tassie Hotel, Ramelton Road, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal on 2nd February 2010 at 9.00am.
    Registered address: The Diamond, Donegal Town, Donegal
    Last accounts filed: 31/12/2007
    CRO number: 225481

http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/more_details/10-01-22/Simple_Simon_Natural_Foods_Limited.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Shame, nice shop.

I hope a replica of that awful cheap shop across the road at the Central premises does'nt come in. Dreadful, blaring out crap music all day, its embarassing.

Anyone know what the rent is like on a premises such as that on the Diamond?

I would say the rent was ok its the Rates that sting and you get nothing for them also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bohemianbond

Is it closed for certain? I second the question about the rent, is it expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

Isn't Holland and Barrett opening in Letterkenny?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is it closed for certain? I second the question about the rent, is it expensive?
    Yup, definitely closed. Dunno how much the rents were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

Isn't Holland and Barrett opening in Letterkenny?

Yeah it has opening beside Easons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

sign on chalk board saying reopening soon today ! (dont know if its someones idea of joke or not)

Simple Simons

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭bettlebrox

Good news! Simple Simon's has reopened. There's an article in Democrat about it:

http://www.donegaldemocrat.ie/donegalnews/Simple-Simon39s-reopens-in-Donegal.6477552.jp

Here's a snippet from the article:
    Finbar Rock, owner of Toni’s Bistro nearby, saw the demise of a loved institution as a massive loss to the town. So without hesitation he decided to bring it back in a refreshing new style while at the same time retain the natural stone and old look of the building.

Finbar said: “Donegal is an historic and cultural town and the Diamond is our showpiece. I think it is important that we as business people should try and retain this image and avoid gaudy, plastic signage.

“If it is in keeping with the surrounds, I honestly believe that it will attract more business.”

Indeed this mission statement was proving very accurate as Finbar opened his doors last week. The store has been packed with many of the old faces and a lot of new customers from morning to evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

its just a shame 3 delis opened at the same time, hope they all make it !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Was in it on Saturday. Looking very well. Even 3 laptops in the front window so you can go on boards and watch the craic in the diamond. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Walked by it over the weekend, meant to take a browse around, hope they do well, looked good from the brief glance i got.

Advertisement