Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry 8110 problem

• 08-01-2010 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all

I have a problem with a Blackberry 8110 I've been given. Whenever anyone calls me 'Unknown Number' comes up on the screen. It's not just for numbers I dont have in the address book or for people protecting their own identity but for every single incoming phonecall. I've tried calling the phone from another phone with ID not being protected and it still comes up.

Also, whenever the phone is used to call another phone. The number is withheld and the call receiver get unknown number or private number too.
    I've checked the phone options and it's set to never restrict identity but nothing has changed.

Can anyone tell me whats causing this and how it can be rectified?

Thanking you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭boarder777

When did it start happening? Did you try to pull battery and put it back again?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Op this will be set by the network, give them a shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Op are you on vodafone by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 kes83

yes Im on Vodafone. I dont have the phone long now, a few weeks. It was unblocked when I got it

havnt tried taking the battery out but will try it.

im sure it was working ok when it was first passed to me because i remeber getting a few calls where the name of the callers came up as they were in my phonebook. I dont remember changing anything but hasnt work since then

thanks all your replies so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

lol, had a feeling you were on vodafone alright. Seems to be an thing with them. A quick call to them will sort it out instantly. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 kes83

cheers Davy

Advertisement