Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Review: Gleemo.ie

Options
  • 08-01-2010 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

I am working on a website called Gleemo.ie

It is a website to search through freelancers for any service and also to get a quote for any service.

Freelancers get a 6 page website to provide as much info about their service.

I would be grateful for any feedback in terms of design and usability.

www.gleemo.ie

You can PM me with any comments

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Dakor

There isn't much there so can't give you much feedback. The idea is good, you have a lot of competition though.

Good luck,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Have you any profile websites up and running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

First. You have unnecessary repetition of login, register, password and logout functions. Also why display logout when not logged in?

No tagline after logo to give some explanation.

No samples of what you get and it's not clear what's going on.

Almost no SEO.

Reasons to register should be before the register form. The content of that needs to be reworked into bite sized bits of text and given a decent typographical treatment.

I wouldn't put the register form on the homepage. It's too in your face. I'd put reasons to register and examples and endorsements on the homepage.

Repeat/confirm email address input field required.

Is it free or is there a cost? Now I've spotted that it's free, but this big selling point is not made obvious.

After registering I have to put in a validation code. Better to just have a confirmation link in the email.

Validation not working, so that's the end of that. Would have liked to see more.

No wait, I can log in. WTF??? Confusing.

Interesting but how about a better guide to help users. There is a guide but it's all plain text with no graphical howto kind of info. It should be a webpage not pdf. The whole thing is badly explained and much of the execution is confusing.

How are you going to make money from this?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

Hey we have made some changes and would appreciate any feedback.

Here is a sample profile:

http://www.gleemo.ie/soi-accounting-services

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Dakor

Much much better.
    I found it a little cluterred though.

A few recommendations:

1) remove the share widget, it slows page load and I don't think it really adds value

2) If you can move the Print and Refer a Friend up to the right of the navigation and only display the icons. Make sure the each icon has a tip popup on mouseover. When someone sees a printer icon they know it means they can print the page, you don't need to write print next to it.

3) The increase font size does not work. I am using Firefox 3.5

4) The 'Search Work' tab is lost, I didn't notice it until I started writing these comments

5) If you can have the information in the "Home, Contact About Services" tabs pop in via Ajax, it would be nicer and prevents a page reload each time.

6) I am not a big fan of the yellow submit buttons.

Otherwise, good work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

tricky D wrote: »
    First. You have unnecessary repetition of login, register, password and logout functions. Also why display logout when not logged in?

No tagline after logo to give some explanation.

No samples of what you get and it's not clear what's going on.

Almost no SEO.

Reasons to register should be before the register form. The content of that needs to be reworked into bite sized bits of text and given a decent typographical treatment.

I wouldn't put the register form on the homepage. It's too in your face. I'd put reasons to register and examples and endorsements on the homepage.

Repeat/confirm email address input field required.

Is it free or is there a cost? Now I've spotted that it's free, but this big selling point is not made obvious.

After registering I have to put in a validation code. Better to just have a confirmation link in the email.

Validation not working, so that's the end of that. Would have liked to see more.

No wait, I can log in. WTF??? Confusing.

Interesting but how about a better guide to help users. There is a guide but it's all plain text with no graphical howto kind of info. It should be a webpage not pdf. The whole thing is badly explained and much of the execution is confusing.

How are you going to make money from this?

I strongly disagree with ya. It's easy to get around, easy login, user friendly, easy search for businesses, clean and tidy!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Nice site, one thing I'd change is the search function. If I search for all services in any particular county, I should only see services from that county.

I don't want to trawl through services offered in Dublin If I'm based in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

Tim M-U wrote: »
    I strongly disagree with ya. It's easy to get around, easy login, user friendly, easy search for businesses, clean and tidy!

Thank you for the comment. To be fair he was looking at a completely different version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Tim M-U wrote: »

It is over 2 weeks since those comments and a helluva lot of progress has been made in the meantime.

Keep up the good work, honeymonster.

Advertisement