Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcohan Teenagers

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

well butty wrote: »
    Why do people continue to be apologists for these cretins? They either live amongst them or live so far away from them that they do not understand the hassle they cause to ordinary law abiding citizens.

The PC brigade as happy to make excuses for them from disfunctional family upbringing to they just lost their way when they end up in front of the courts. Lets get real they are a shower of little Sh1ts!!!!!

In fairness we are talking about the one incident, the act of throwing a snowball. The OP herself said she never had any problem with them before that. So why lose the head over a snowball.

Your dead right, there are some little shíts out there that could do with being kept in check and I have had plenty of hassle myself from groups of teenagers hanging around a shop right beside a flat I lived in. But when they might make a comment or act the eejits I'd have a laugh with them and vice versa, but when they were outside my door pissing on it or making noise till all hours then yes that was going too far. But a snowball, it's not worth getting the Gardai involved for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

snuggles09 wrote: »
    the area the shop is in is actually St.Herblain as far as i know though i know it's referred to as Kilcohan. I live in Kilcohan and I'd know a lot of the younger people that are "kilcohan teenagers" and yet I dont' know any of these kids that hang around. they are maybe from the other direction of St.Herblain estate.thats where i see them walking out from and walking into.

majority of em are from san herblain, and other estates ,not kilcohan .

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

kensutz wrote: »
    No it's not all Kilcohan
    Oh right. Guess I'm mistaken then. Lived in Avondale for a decade and was always fed the tale that Kilcohan the townland existed long before Kilcohan Park the housing estate.

KingLoser wrote: »
    Oh right. Guess I'm mistaken then. Lived in Avondale for a decade and was always fed the tale that Kilcohan the townland existed long before Kilcohan Park the housing estate.

thats true enough yeah.but if im asked by someone where the shops are i always say next to san herblain or opposite avondale,wouldnt say kilcohan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Orlaithc9

Sorry Im not orginally from Waterford so please excuse me if I got names of places mixed up - I would just called the whole area Kilcohan.

Prehaps it was a bit of an over reaction (did have a fairly pressurised day at work) but as some else pointed out here these teenagers are not the playful little darlings just having a bit of fun. I never had any trouble from them up until then but thats not to say other people didnt...my other half was speaking to the barber in the line of shops along where they like to hangout and he said there is trouble almost every single week from that group. He could nearly name them off as he has called the Guards on them himself a number of times. And my own neighbour told me they have asked her to get them alcohol and fags from the off licence a good few times. So to say they are only harmless is incorrect.
    They are intimating at the best of times to pass even if they are hurling snowballs at you.

• Advertisement

Orlaithc9 wrote: »
    Sorry Im not orginally from Waterford so please excuse me if I got names of places mixed up - I would just called the whole area Kilcohan.

Prehaps it was a bit of an over reaction (did have a fairly pressurised day at work) but as some else pointed out here these teenagers are not the playful little darlings just having a bit of fun. I never had any trouble from them up until then but thats not to say other people didnt...my other half was speaking to the barber in the line of shops along where they like to hangout and he said there is trouble almost every single week from that group. He could nearly name them off as he has called the Guards on them himself a number of times. And my own neighbour told me they have asked her to get them alcohol and fags from the off licence a good few times. So to say they are only harmless is incorrect.
    They are intimating at the best of times to pass even if they are hurling snowballs at you.

as i said theres been people hanging around there since i was a child.far as i can remember long before the barbers ,spar etc was there.different people ,different shops.get moved on,go straight back.its a waste of garda resources.youll just have to grin and bear it,like people have done the last 25 years.tbh ,to me,theyre grand.its probably im so used to it now,them and the people before them are like part of the scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭steven22

Teenagers are immature .. so what!

The same goes on up in the Cleaboy, around Xtravision Lisduggan, Kilcohan, Dunmore Road etc, its all apart of living in a housing estate, hanging around the local shops. I used to do it. I'm sure they meant no harm, and probably would have loved if you threw one back.

I personally would know alot of the people as they would be younger family to my friends etc, and they actually for the most part are quiet enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

i wonder if it was a bloke would they have done the same? Stop dressing it up and making excuses for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

There have been a couple of instances of houses/cars/motorbikes being burnt out, and also bad beatings, against people who crossed a couple of the more 'serious' families up here.

Proceed with caution if you intend to take dramatic action. I would say it is not worth it for this incident, although I disagree with a lot of the posters here:

A group of male teenagers throwing a snowball at a woman, alone, is not normal, acceptable behaviour. Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

counterpointaud has hit the nail on the head there imo. I'm a 25 year old man so if they threw one at me i'd grin and ignore it but at the risk of sounding sexist the op was on her own with her baby. Its not playful its simply intimidating.

I would echo other thought though and say there is no need to get the guards involved and at worst ASSUMING they are out and out scumbags your putting a bullseye on your back if it somehow got bqck to them it was you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

ziedth wrote: »
    counterpointaud has hit the nail on the head there imo. I'm a 25 year old man so if they threw one at me i'd grin and ignore it but at the risk of sounding sexist the op was on her own with her baby. Its not playful its simply intimidating.

I would echo other thought though and say there is no need to get the guards involved and at worst ASSUMING they are out and out scumbags your putting a bullseye on your back if it somehow got bqck to them it was you.

After reading this I have sort of changed me mind. I wouldn't care if it was myself but like you said a woman on her own with a baby was a bit out of order. No need for Gardai and will do no good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

It is intimidating, end of. As was said before it isn't the right option to intimidate them back due to families getting involved and egging them on further etc etc
    Really does annoy me though that society as a whole has become very apathetic with this sort of behaviour. Fair enough it was a snowball but people shouldn't be so quick IMO to give excuses for little toerags who hang around like this with nothing better to do. Any decent person wouldn't throw anything at a lady out on her own with a young child regardless of whether its a snowball or a glass bottle. TBH if the wrong person just 'threw a snowball back at them' it might also cause the situation to escalate.

Advertisement