Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only hot water upstairs and cold water downstairs

• 08-01-2010 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I'm also having water problems today- cold water but not hot water tap working in the kitchen downstairs, while in the bathroom upstairs the hot water tap is running but not the cold water tap. Bath has neither. And cistern not filling at all.
    Tank in the attic had a small layer of ice this morning - which I broke through but the tank doesn't fill when the ball cock is depressed. Frozen valve?
    I've popped a small heater into the attic for the time being. Presumably there's also a frozen pipe somewhere?

I've been told that it's safe to run the oil fired central heating? Is this true?
    My open fire has a back boiler... can I use that or not?
    Any advice as to what to do next greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

you're seeing what a lot of us are seeing right now

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63871499&postcount=7

• Registered Users Posts: 18 AMS2010

I see...

I've defrosted the valve and the tank has filled nicely. But still not change at the taps.
    How long before the taps run or should it happen almost immediately?

Thanks for the advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

AMS2010 wrote: »
    I see...

I've defrosted the valve and the tank has filled nicely. But still not change at the taps.
    How long before the taps run or should it happen almost immediately?

Thanks for the advice

cold taps should flow as soon as the tank starts to fill

Advertisement