Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temperature

Options
  • 08-01-2010 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭

Was the temperature in Drumconrath and surrounding areas actually -18 last night? I'm from there and folks told me this morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Doubt it got that low, it was more likley to -8 or 9, the upper parts of Scotland got to as low as -18 overnight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

According to Morning Ireland this morning, it was -14 in Blessington, - 11 in Monaghan and -21 in the Highlands of Scotland.

According to my car this morning it was -8 in Dunshaughlin and -8.5 by the time I got to Clonee. I don't know how reliable those car things are though. I've certainly never seen anything like -8 on it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Rebelheart wrote: »
    According to my car this morning it was -8 in Dunshaughlin and -8.5 by the time I got to Clonee. I don't know how reliable those car things are though. I've certainly never seen anything like -8 on it before.

+1. I never saw anything like -8 before either (apart from -25 when we were in Livigno in 2000), but that's what it read in my car too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

-9.5 when I got in the car and dropped to -11.5 as I drove the Summerhill Road this morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Left DS at 10 tonight and it was -6c. By the time I got to Clonee it was an unprecedented -10c. Never thought I'd see anything like these figures on my car's thermostat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement