Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to go out

Options
  • 08-01-2010 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Having just been given the push by my bf can anyone tell me of good places to get out and about to in Mayo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Whereabouts in Mayo? Unless you plan to drive to other towns for nights out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Loads of decent pubs in Westport. Where are ya located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 kats26

the swinford area but willing to travel to other towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Castlebar is probably a more lively place with plenty of bars. Ballina is half an hour away some good bars, Brennans Lane the Bard, and late bars in Quattro.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Stay overnight in Westport and go to Matt Molloy's, brilliant pub.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Westport is good for sure, Castlebar is probably nearer.

Depending on your age group also in Westport, Matt Mulloys for 30's+, same for McGings.
    Then you have Heneghans is mixed crowd, O'Malleys is more younger age group.

For clubs the Castlecourt has the dance music downstairs with a lean towards younger while upstairs has the 70's, 80's, 90's music and older crowd.

There is also "The State" in the Wyatt Hotel at the Octagon. Its probably a mid 20's+ club.

Good luck and enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭robo

I am looking for some good restaurants in Castlebar - where is best to eat? I am there Sunday & Monday night for the Bryan Adams concert.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Depends on what you want I suppose

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=restaurant+in+castlebar&meta=&aq=1sx&oq=restuarant+in+castl

Al muretto is Italian, lovely food there.

coxs and an carraige both do Irish food :) Coxs is affordable,big steaks. An carraige, a little more pricey.

Chinese The Silver house do nice food.

Indian - The Taj MaHal is A1 and very friendly staff.

Bosh or Bar One are pubs but do lovely pub food, you wont be hungry leaving there.

Advertisement