Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My fat friend broke my chair :(

• 08-01-2010 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

One of my over weight friends broke the legs of one of my chairs.

I dont know where it was bought as I am renting but here is to pic of the type of leg

Chair.jpg
    Chair2.jpg

Grateful for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Are you looking to fix it or buy a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

best.thread.ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

How badly and where is the leg broken? It might be repairable

If you're looking to replace the whole chair, a bigger picture of the chair would help :)

Try places like harvey norman etc... for the chair but if it's a few years old it could be difficult to get hold of an exact match

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

I was doing something else when I put this up

I want to buy a new leg, they just unscrew.

Does anyone know where I might get one?

Well if there's any info on any of the chairs undersides, or any tags that might have details take them down. Also measure it, or bring an unscrewed normal one with you so you can have one to match to.

Try the usual haunts of Harvey Normans / Homebase / BargainTown / even places like Banana Tree sometimes do chairs like that. Ask them if they do replacement legs, or if they know who you could send away to for one. *or* if a replacement chair was cheap enough you could get one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

All this stuff is made in china. As for the thread title I think that should be edited. I cannot see how its right. Thank god I am not fat.

You may end up haveing to do one of 2 things

1. Drill a hole down the centre of the broken bits and re attach with dowels and dont use the chair

2. Buy 4 new chairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The chair is from Ikea.

KTRIC wrote: »
    The chair is from Ikea.

ooh good point!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

One of my over weight friends broke the legs of one of my chairs

Just going by your username are you sure you did'nt break it yourself .:D

Advertisement