Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Online Store Down?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

RCI radius also distribute for o2 I think. Here is the reason why they are upgrading their website and why it's taken so long maybe. . . And some information on them too http://www.ebusinesslive.ie/newsletter/Story/4/1446/ob.html/241 and i don't work for them ;) (via mobile boards)

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

I would have a different perspective:

Radius are a backoffice fullfilment operation, what matters is their ability to deliver the service to established customers.

Meteor are a shopfront, thus the appearance of the website is fundamental.

Apples and pears

Dodgy perspective photos, whilst a serious failure in their own right, do not detract from the ability of the company to fulfil orders for their existing customer base. Afterall, it is only a portal to an order system.

I suspect that Meteor will be supplying most of the graphics and web design in the new shop = allowing them more control, and radius will be handling the backoffice side of things.

I will reserve my opinion until I order a phone from the new website!!

WildeFalcon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eileen17

I now hate meteor. I am waiting for a refund and apparently can't give it due to the sight being down. This is ridiculous a joke. and there customer service is awful. I have sent back my phone which i received late and still waiting on a refund 3 weeks later. they were able to take the money our straight away but not able to give a refund due to the online store. a JOKE. this is surly an admin issue.

You are quite right, of course - there may be good excuses, but at the end of the day it is their job to provide good customer service.

If they haven't then they are failing. Simple as that.

WildeFalcon

I put up with excuses for too long from them and their lies about ringing back within 24-48 hours.
    They are having problems anybody can understand but their problems are going on too long for a large company. Its worring now.
    They should tell us what is happening not us having to chase them up. They are becomming a joke and i for one have no confidence in them anymore :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Waiting for a refund here too. I reckon Meteor don't actually have a clue what's going on with the various orders. They've rang me three times at this stage asking me details about my order, despite my having cancelled it. The last time the guy even lied to me that my phone was with the courier! All three have said that they will get back to me re the refund. Still waiting....

At least they have contacted you. surly this is illegal. I am just going to ring everyday and make an annoyance of myself. I'm really sick of it like and the way i am being treated by meteor.
    Ive not been contacted to tell me what the delay is.
    when i ring all i get told is the online store but what is that to do with refunding customers.
    Sigma closed down maybe they wont give our phones to meteor. annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Have you thought about making your complaint more formal - instead of ringing put your case in writing to them.

I know from otherposts on this forum that this approach has been successful in the past!!

Yes, complain formally, it does produce results, especially if there is a risk of poor publicity. All major retailers apply the "Joe Duffy" test to their responses, ie What would Joe Duffy make of it?

A letter in writing with detailed timeline of events is best, keep it simple and spell it out.

Send to

Conor Carmody,
    Marketing Director,
    Meteor Communications
    4030 Kingswood Avenue
    Citywest Business Park
    Naas Road Dublin 24]

and

Official Complaints Department
    National Consumer Agency
    4 Harcourt Road
    Dublin 2

The NCA will respond within a week, subject to Public Service Go Slow.

Failing that try Conor Pope of the Irish Times, and, of course, Joe Duffy.

WildeFalcon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Just a Meteor customer!!
    However did you notice that that article was written for the August issue of E-Business Live?
    Just a customer who has registered apparently for the sole purpose of attacking a company and appears to be also a subscriber to industry ezines?

Right. Banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 CelticWarrior10

TALK ABOUT 2 PLUS 2 EQUALS 57!

IT WAS PYRO BOY WHO MENTIONED THE EBUSINESS LIVE THING AND I CLICKED ON HIS LINK TO READ IT....FFFS!!!

(PLEASE CHECK THIS AND LOOK BACK AT ALL POSTS!!!)

I HAVE NOTHING WHASOEVER TO DO WITH THE TELECOMS INDUSTRY, I WORK FOR MYSELF FIXING PCS. I NEVER EVEN HEARD OF RADIUS TIL YESTERDAY WHEN SOMEONE MENTIONED THEM HERE....AND DITTO SIGMA.

I AM HOWEVER A FRUSTRATED METEOR CUSTOMER OF 5 YEARS AND NEED TO BUY A NEW PHONE AS MY SONY ERICSON WENT THRO THE WASHING MACHINE LAST WEEK AND WAS MILDLY INCONVENIENCED BY NOT BEING ABLE TO ORDER ONLINE.

YES I REGISTERED TO COMMENT ON THIS TOPIC BECAUSE I WAS INTERESTED IN IT AND FELT I HAD SOMETHING INTERESTING TO SAY.

YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG IN YOUR ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT ME AND I ASK YOU TO DO THE DECENT THING AND UN-BAN ME

REGARDS

BRIAN (CELTICWARRIOR10)

I must have forgotten to press the ban button...

Tell you what, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but opening an account just to attack a company is still a no-no. 14 days ban to see if he can cool down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I AM HOWEVER A FRUSTRATED METEOR CUSTOMER OF 5 YEARS AND NEED TO BUY A NEW PHONE

Retailers are struggling, will you go down to your nearest bricks and mortar meteor agent or store and buy a phone. Most stores are all now back to normal after the upset last week.

Retailers are struggling, will you go down to your nearest bricks and mortar meteor agent or store and buy a phone. Most stores are all now back to normal after the upset last week.
    CelticWarrior10 will not be returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭jv2000

Are the Meteor stores actually stocked again? I was in town last friday and tried the store on Henry St but no luck in picking up a Nokia 5530 (apparently none of the Meteor stores have it). Have been trying to get one since after christmas and nearly a month later still nothing. I have actually now given up after asking in what feels like a million Carphonewarehouse, Meteor & 3G stores. No luck online either with Meteor (as we are all aware) or with Carphonewarehouse.

Meteor just weren't delivering the stock to the bricks and mortar shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

jv2000 wrote: »

Meteor just weren't delivering the stock to the bricks and mortar shops.

They are now, Meteor stores and Independent stores have stock again now. They've been delivering since monday. Business as normal except for the webstore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Anyone know if this would effect a phone being unlocked by Meteor.

Sent a phone off to them 2 weeks before xmas and they still havent sent it back, called 6 times now and its the same story.

"We have the phone and mail has been sent to our administration dep"

They are now, Meteor stores and Independent stores have stock again now. They've been delivering since monday. Business as normal except for the webstore.

I was in the Meteor store yesterday on the top of Talbot St looking for the Nokia 5530 and they told me that they wouldn't have it for a couple of weeks yet and his would be the case for all meteor stores.

Meteor are starting to become a real pain in the backside. If my girlfriend wasn't on meteor and we didn't have the free calls then I would have switched network already, probably back to vodafone. This is just annoying. The phone i Have has been crashing constantly and needs to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

I was in the Meteor store yesterday on the top of Talbot St looking for the Nokia 5530 and they told me that they wouldn't have it for a couple of weeks yet and his would be the case for all meteor stores.

Meteor are starting to become a real pain in the backside. If my girlfriend wasn't on meteor and we didn't have the free calls then I would have switched network already, probably back to vodafone. This is just annoying. The phone i Have has been crashing constantly and needs to be replaced.

The 5530 are going to be in all shops tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

In all fairness, it's hardly Meteors fault that their suppliers went out of business. New suppliers are in now, and stores should have store by midweek at the latest.

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote: »
    In all fairness, it's hardly Meteors fault that their suppliers went out of business. New suppliers are in now, and stores should have store by midweek at the latest.

Yeah I suppose you're right. I was just getting frustrated at them telling me to come back in a few days and everytime I did I got the same story again. Will give them another shot sometime this week ;)

The on-line store is not back up but at least you can view the phones :)

https://store.meteor.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    The on-line store is not back up but at least you can view the phones :)

https://store.meteor.ie/

To be honest, their phone selection is very poor :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im torn between the Samsung Jet and the HTC Hero from Meteor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

This post has been deleted.
    Jeez Louise, the price of nearly all phones has gone up by about 30€. Unbelievable stuff!

E.g, on their online store before xmas, the samsung tocco lite was 89.99, now its 129.99! Also the S3500 was 59.99, now its 99.99! I'll be holding onto my current PAYG phone for a while at this rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ornir

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Jeez Louise, the price of nearly all phones has gone up by about 30€. Unbelievable stuff!

E.g, on their online store before xmas, the samsung tocco lite was 89.99, now its 129.99! Also the S3500 was 59.99, now its 99.99! I'll be holding onto my current PAYG phone for a while at this rate!

That could either spell the end for the €10 online discount, or maybe they're just displaying the in-store price until the online store is up & running fully again.

A lot of the handsets have jumped up radically alright! Ridiculous!

Ornir wrote: »
    That could either spell the end for the €10 online discount, or maybe they're just displaying the in-store price until the online store is up & running fully again.

A lot of the handsets have jumped up radically alright! Ridiculous!

From the Meteor Forum

All prices shown are in-store prices and we are working to have the fully functioning online store up and running to allow you to buy online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    From the Meteor Forum

All prices shown are in-store prices and we are working to have the fully functioning online store up and running to allow you to buy online.
    Fair enough but despite that, there are still some sizeable increases there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Ornir

Online store is back up & running! :D:D:D

Advertisement