Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RVN for Crouch & finish Top 4!!

Options
  • 08-01-2010 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭

Bear with me, some league stats:

Player
    Games
    Goals
    Games/Goals
    Goals/Game

RVN
    Crouch

Got that..

From this we can see that RVN scores on average 12 more league goals than Crouch per season. i.e (0.61-0.29)*38.

Now I'm assuming the following impact of those extra 12 goals:
    - 4 of the goals have no impact
    - 4 of the goals draw games when we would have lost
    - 4 of the goals win games when we would have drawn

Thats 12 extra points per season. Fairly conservative estimate.

As we are approx half way through the season, those 6 extra points would have put us currently joint 2nd. And an analysis of the last 10 seasons league tables shows us that 12 extra points would have qualified us for the CL on 4 occassions already and qualified for Europe of some sort in every one of the last 10 seasons!

You see, we are not far off. The most difficult thing in football is to put the ball in the back of the net. If we had someone of the goalscoring ability of RVN or someone like him, we would be dead certs for the CL/Europe pretty much every season! Aswell as having a better chance of winning Cup competitions.

Levy/Harry, pull your wallet out, show some ambition, and it is more than possible for Spurs to be successful!

Advertisement