Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nowhere to buy tickets at my train station.

• 08-01-2010 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭

I commute from Leixlip Confey (stuent card holder) and over the past maybe 5 months or even further back they took away the autmated ticket machine and it was never replace. The office hours for the actual train station are extremely inconsistent and tend to be open one hour and not the next. I plan on going into town tomorrow but im looking at the situation where i go to the station to find the office closed and me without a ticket. Now what the hell are you supposed to do in this situation? When you arrive at some of the main stations ie Connolly, Tara, Pearse they have the automatic check with usual a IR worker at a booth can you buy your ticket of them?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Buying your ticket in advance may also be useful.

You have to buy a ticket at the first available opportunity. If the ticket office is closed, you can't buy a ticket. However, in such circumstances, it would be prudent to phone Irish Rail to tell them you can't buy a ticket and obtain advice.

Revenue Protection Unit
    Intercity & Commuter Business
    Room B5 ,Connolly Station
    Amiens Street, Dublin 1

Phone (01) 703-2750
    Fax (01) 703-4584
    Email: Info@irishrail.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

Same here. Gormanston in my case. There is someone there the first Monday of the month and it's shut for the rest of the month. The automated ticket machine is also locked away.

Just pay on arrival in town. The ticket checker at the booth will only sell you a one journey ticket (I think) so if you want to buy weekly/monthly tell them you'll buy it at the ticket office/machine and drop back and show it to them. I've never had a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Confey used be open most of the day, from early morning till evening. Dunno what happened tho, haven't seen it open in ages.

Advertisement