Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi Folks!

Options
  • 08-01-2010 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭

You are all doing a great Job!

I recently commented on, a necrophile, and received a ban.

Why have databases?

BTW - the person in question had been elevated to HMod status

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

HMods are responsible for hosted forums requested by communities - there's essentially no elevation there.

Having said that, you don't have any bans from any of the hosted forums.

Any chance you're talking about your current ban from either The Nocturnal Forum (permanent) or the one from the Cuckoo's nest (1 month, due to expire on January 12)?

If so, using the dispute resolution procedure, the first place to discuss the matter is with the moderator in question (Nerin in this case). Then with the relevant category moderator if the result is unsatisfactory to you and then here with the admins if you still aren't satisfied.

If it's the Nocturnal forum ban from earlier today that you're referring to, as the ban reason reads "abuse. might let you back in if you cop on,other than that you're not welcome. we've zero tolerance of petty abuse.", I'd say it's to your benefit to discuss it reasonably with the moderator first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭PFJSplitter

Bans in a social forum................only the Irish could concoct something this idiotic...

ty - but there is no middle ground....

Enjoy 2010, and thanks, again.....

Mods need to MOD their own..........we did

Thank you, sceptre. I DO appreciate your efforts - as for MAST - doing things from the ground up, it doesn't work, and far too many people are aware of the obvious consequences.
    I made ONE comment against a MOD making his usual comment about people being 'stupid' and people 'sucking', and I am here, not him.
    As I read the rules, a MOD posting outside his/her forum is just another poster.
    Boards.ie is fast becoming like the Catholic Church - sure, we've had complaints about XXXXXXXXX......sweep it under the rug.

Thanks, folks - and I DO mean that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

1. I don't know what MAST is.

2. You're here and not him partly because you closed the issue in post 4:) And also because we're not at that stage of the dispute resolution procedure until you do the first step (that's where you contact the mod that banned or infracted you) and find it unsuccessful then the second (the category moderator) and find it unsuccessful. This is the third:)

3. I rather advise if you have a problem with a post that you report it (using the little warning triangle at the bottom-left of each post), rather than commenting on-thread. That's in the FAQ and most of the charters for a reason. I don't have the detail of either your "crime" or the rationale behind your punishment because of the two earlier steps in the dispute resolution procedure. See point 2.

4. Outside their "own" forums (the forums for which they have responsibility) a moderator has indeed no more power or rights than any other user.

5. No it isn't becoming like the Catholic Church and definitely not in the way you mentioned. Please don't argue with silliness please, I have no time for it and rightly tend to lose interest when it happens. But you need to follow the procedure I linked to above. Every other user on the site does the same.

6. When you go through the two steps earlier in the dispute resolution procedure and then if you find them unsatisfactory, then this is the third step. Not before.

That's round about as clear as anyone can make it. Saves us going around in circles.

Follow steps one and two of the procedure I've linked to (it's also currently in my sig) and then come back to me if necessary. At that point, we can start a new thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement