Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Method of filming

Options
  • 08-01-2010 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Was just watching series 28 (series 2 of new stuff) and noticed something about the filming...well I think I noticed.

It seems to be very much in soft focus and not at all as cinematic as the present specials. :confused:

It looks very... Pride and Prejudicey... if you get my drift!!

So wondering is it just me! Or does someone with more cinematic knowledge than me know the reason for this?

Perhaps it's just a case of money!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Was just watching series 28 (series 2 of new stuff) and noticed something about the filming...well I think I noticed.

It seems to be very much in soft focus and not at all as cinematic as the present specials. :confused:

It looks very... Pride and Prejudicey... if you get my drift!!

So wondering is it just me! Or does someone with more cinematic knowledge than me know the reason for this?

Perhaps it's just a case of money!

The specials were shot in HD.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Ha! Well that would make a difference alright ;)

But even the subsequent series, they all seem less soft focus! Maybe it's my eyesight... ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ha! Well that would make a difference alright ;)

But even the subsequent series, they all seem less soft focus! Maybe it's my eyesight... ;)

Maybe they went from tape to digital or something?

Even a different lighting can make a difference.

*Waits for someone like blitzkrieg who knows what they are talking about to arrive*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Maybe they went from tape to digital or something?

Even a different lighting can make a difference.

*Waits for someone like blitzkrieg who knows what they are talking about to arrive*
    There was a difference, particularly in season 1/27. I was told once the technobabble, but cannot fully remember; during filming, they put a special filter on the cameras to give everything a softer focus.

I'm not sure if they abandoned it for season 2/28, but it was definitely used for the previous season (god knows why, because it was distracting in places) & hence why it all looks a bit fuzzy / Pride and Prejudicey :D

Advertisement