Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 tap and toilet frozen all else fine

• 08-01-2010 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

So as the title says. Downstairs bathroom is frozen. Theres no water coming in. And thanks to the miracle of modern cheap buliding the pipes are buried in concrete!. Anyhow. Washing machine also in same room and no joy. My mains is fine. All other taps/toilets working fine so its just this room :( Anyone got any suggestions to getting them back working?
    I know these threads are here in their dozens but all seem to be mains water issues.

Thanks very much for your help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

congo_90 wrote: »
    So as the title says. Downstairs bathroom is frozen. Theres no water coming in. And thanks to the miracle of modern cheap buliding the pipes are buried in concrete!. Anyhow. Washing machine also in same room and no joy. My mains is fine. All other taps/toilets working fine so its just this room :( Anyone got any suggestions to getting them back working?
    I know these threads are here in their dozens but all seem to be mains water issues.

Thanks very much for your help

sounds like the cold water pipe feeding the toilet & wash machine is frozen...

not sure if there is much you can do until they thaw out but i'd be wary of leaks from pipes when that starts to happen.

Maybe your neighbour can let you use their machine for a few loads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

bad news. hwc is making a lot of noise cold feed and pump on constant :( i suspect the worst. any tips? specifically isolating this and saving the boiler? many thanks. sorry for poor grammar. I'm on a mobile device

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Just to update. Pipe in the tap burst.
    we've still got our mains thankfully.
    I let the cold tanks stay but they've now drained and they were indirectly feeding the leak. I've switched the primary return off so at the least the boiler is heating the rads.
    Is what I done right? I Isolated the attic tanks by stopping the ball cock. No point wasting water or running the pump.

Advertisement