Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Gun..What would you recommend?

Options
  • 08-01-2010 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello all,i've had it in the head a while now to get a gun,just for the bit of hunting and maybe clay shooting,what would be the best gun for the job,i have a bit of expeirience but nothing major,any help appreciated,thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Moved to the general shooting forum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭CZ.

you would be best with a under and over for clays and game have a look at sportsden.ie they have a good selection of guns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Plenty of people who know much more than me on the subject will be along shortly I'm sure, but it sounds like a 'sporter' under & over would suit admirably.
    They'll usually have removable chokes, a selectable trigger, ejectors, and a wide rib making them well suited to casual/recreational clay shooting, but they'll also be lighter than a full-on trap gun making them pretty usable in the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Tricky1127

Hi JM3, Shooting is a personal sport/pass time..! i mean to say what i love you may hate B4 you buy see if you live beside a pay and play club something like Courtlough,Co.Dublin. i think you can shoot clays "shootgun" 12g and targets "rifle" range up to .22lr . On that note think about insurance i would turn you to N.A.R.G.C you ask why them because they fight for shooters rights and are helpfull even over the phone
    :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

A few questions,

A) Do you want an over and under or semi-auto
    B) Do you intend to do more hunting than clays or an even split of both
    C) Whats your budget. €500 will get you a cheap yet workable new gun or a somewhat decent second had one. €3000 will get you most anything your heart desires.
    D) Where are you located. County will do. No need to give address.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
Advertisement