Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heritage Studies?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stair1540

Heritage graduates from Castlebar have gone in to work with National Parks and Wildlife Service, Irish Peatland Conservation Council, Marine Institute, Jackie Clarke Museum, National Museum, Rural Social Scheme, OPW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Yeracp

Hi I'm just wondering is there a part time heritage studies course? I think I would prefer the more geography based course. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Galway

Mike747 wrote: »
    Language definitely.

Language is way more useful though it can be hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

Galway wrote: »
    Language is way more useful though it can be hard work.

Yep, this.

I did Irish up to second year. I love Irish, I'm pretty good at it, but 3rd and 4th years were really tough according to the people that stayed on.

Plus, I genuinely wanted to do the business modules - event management in 3rd year (i only did it the first sem, coz there was a really good heritage elective the second sem), then entrepreneurship, and innovation & creativity in 4 year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Harrycat

Well it appears I am definatly going to do Heritage studies in Sept, so thanks for the info everyone!

Hi just wondering if you did Heritage studies and if you liked it. What kind of employment did it lead to. Anything you can tell me would be very welcome. Thanks. Jack

• Advertisement

Not sure how recent this is, but it appears Heritage studies which is now called History & Geography and another similar program called Culture and Environment are available at the Castlebar campus.

Just posting it here in case there is anybody lurking who is interested.

https://www.gmit.ie/heritage/higher-certificate-history-geography

https://www.gmit.ie/heritage/bachelor-arts-culture-and-environment

Advertisement