Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is After Hours a light hearted forum for joking around or is it really politics?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Massive Muscles

And surely there should be a character limit on what can merit a ban. Just three characters and its goodbye, good luck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

As I said to you via PM, your response of:
    lol

to this post:
    I'm scared of dying in a fire. When I was a child, a fire broke out at my uncle's house. My three cousins were alone in the house at the time. My uncle was working and my aunt just left them alone for a few minutes to go to the supermarket down the road. She left the oldest, who was 12, looking after the other two that were 5 and 7. She thought they'd be okay. But there was a gas explosion in the house while she was gone. Apparently the 12 year old was making beans on toast for the younger two when the brand new gas cooker blew up. The 7 year old was upstairs at the time and was rescued by a neighbour that climbed up to the bedroom window with a ladder, broke the window and pull him out. The two other boys where found downstairs in the kitchen after the fire had been put out. The older boy had his body wrapped around his younger brother's. It looked like he was trying to protect him. I was 8 at the time. My parents tried to stop me from finding out how they died, how bad it was. But the daughter of the man who saved my cousin's life was in my class at school and I learned in very graphic detail from her everything that had happened... how they died, the screaming coming from the house, the two boys burned to death, the burns covering my living cousins body. I had nightmares about this for years afterwards... I still do sometimes around the anniversary of their deaths. It's my biggest fear.

is way out of line.

Feedback is not the place for this, you should contact AlmightyCushion the Cmod and if you are unhappy with his response you can post in Helpdesk.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

After hours is a light hearted forum for having a laugh but we try to ensure that out users are treated with a bit of common decency. This is where you crossed the line. If you genuinely do find that funny, that's fine but keep it to yourself. We don't want to hear about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Massive Muscles

Ok then. so ban will be lifted?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Of course not. Why would the ban be lifted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Judging by the amount of complaints about your abusive language on this website, I'm thinking that you won't last long with the attitude you are showing. Please take heed of our sites terms and conditions, play nice, and don't be an arse. Thanks.

Advertisement