Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Definitions for Economics?

Options
  • 08-01-2010 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Anybody know how exact they have to be? (e.g. for economics)

I wrote: 'Black Economy' Any economic activity unaccounted for.

Marking Scheme: 'Black Economy' Any economic activity which is unrecorded

It says 12marks graded for the definition, would i get full marks for this?(Would the graded mean i only get partial?)

I think a teacher told me the economics ones have to be exact, is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I'm pretty sure they have to 100% exact.

Ours is: all economic activity that goes unrecorded and isn't included in national income accounts.

Our teacher is forever telling us that if it isn't exact, they will take marks.
    They look for key words and if these words are missing then you won't get the marks. But I'm sure you'd get the marks for the definition you have there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 12345678910

Yeah I'd say you would defo get 100% for that.
    You are right though they are Really picky about precision in Economics. They can't however take marks off you for expressing it in a different way to them if you are correct also.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭nobbo

What I did was download all the marking schemes for past papers and corrected my definitions from this, and learned the corrected onces accordingly.

Did the leaving last year btw

Advertisement