Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is anyone is not getting thier post?

Options
  • 08-01-2010 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering, only had post one day since before Christmas, and that was the day of the worst of the snow last tuesday or whenever. Is anyone else not getting their post? Are the post men even working?

I know im definitely meant to have post because I get my pay slip every second Thursday, but yesterday nadda. IM in t he D9/11 area

Anyone else not getting anything?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I didn't see the postman today but he was round yesterday.
    Dublin 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Got post Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, none yesterday. I am in D11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

here and there but some came today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i havent had any since before xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

My postman called yesterday to deliver a registered packet (he was in his car - he's normally on his bike). He told me they were only doing registered mail as it was too dangerous at the moment to be walking into all the gardens with regular mail deliveries.
    A big problem apparently is people pouring water on their car windows in their driveways - they drive off and the water ices over creating a hazard for the posties.

(I'm in D13 btw)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm Dublin 9 and i've been getting post most days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

i havent had any since before xmas

Me either but I don't get much post so can't be sure if they're delivering in my area or not. (Dublin 7)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

The outer reaches of Dublin 12 and got post today.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

I'm in Raheny, no post for about 2 weeks now. My Dad went down to the loca sorting office today and got the post. He said there were loads of people down there, some had been getting a bit, some none. The usual inconsistent service we have come to expect in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

jimmay wrote: »
    I'm in Raheny, no post for about 2 weeks now. My Dad went down to the loca sorting office today and got the post. He said there were loads of people down there, some had been getting a bit, some none. The usual inconsistent service we have come to expect in this country.

i must do that, im in raheny too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Raheny here too. I have seen the postman this week but have received no post even though I have been expecting several items including tax disc for the motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

None in Harolds the last few days and I am waiting on a letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

My postman called yesterday to deliver a registered packet (he was in his car - he's normally on his bike). He told me they were only doing registered mail as it was too dangerous at the moment to be walking into all the gardens with regular mail deliveries.
    A big problem apparently is people pouring water on their car windows in their driveways - they drive off and the water ices over creating a hazard for the posties.

(I'm in D13 btw)
    Yeah, call down to the local sorting office and they'l give you your mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 dopes

Yeah no post for me either... D3....wouldn't like to be a postman in this weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

irishguy wrote: »
    None in Harolds the last few days and I am waiting on a letter.

i'm in the exact same situation as you!
    today i heard that you can go to the delivery office and collect your post there.
    but as usual they are only open 07.30 - 17.30 monday to friday and i got there at 18.30. now i have to wait until monday to go there again.
    they should be open on saturdays at least since not everyone can make those times for collecting packages there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

The post is being delivered every 2/3 days in D10/20.
    Very dangerous conditions for posties and they are trying their best I know at least 2 guys who have broken their arms doing deliveries and I saw my own local postie (who normally is on his bike) walking with great difficulty through one of the estates today! I have been collecting my mail from the D.O in the afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Here in D12 I haven't got post since around New Year's.
    I'm still waiting on my National Geographic January edition to arrive... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Here in D12 I haven't got post since around New Year's.
    I'm still waiting on my National Geographic January edition to arrive... :mad:
    As has been mentioned, it's not exactly the most safe conditions for a person to be walking in and out of people's driveways that may or may not be cleared witha large heavy bag of post. I'm waiting on some important and some not-so-important stuff and could care less if it gets here in time. The important stuff will have to wait.

There's a big list of all the Dublin sorting offices in the phone book. Best bet would be to give them a shout and ask what the state of play is.

Advertisement